If i shoot in RAW

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My computer doesnt reconize the files, is there any programes or anything that I can use so my computer will reconize them?

Thanks, mike

My computer doesnt reconize the files, is there any programes or anything that I can use so my computer will reconize them?

Thanks, mike

Check your Nikon D80 box.... didn't it come with CaptureNX? If so, that is the program to use.

Other programs I use to edit RAW are Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Lightroom.

If you are using Windows, check MS website for plug ins for Windows viewer. That is, of course, you just want your computer to recognize them so you can see them.

Are you using a PC? (I assume yes because Macs recognize RAW files without special software)

Get Adobe Lightroom, the best all-in-one application for photography in MS Windows. It will take care of your RAW files and organize them, and give you advanced fine-tuning adjustments for your images that are really useful.

Are you using a PC? (I assume yes because Macs recognize RAW files without special software)

Get Adobe Lightroom, the best all-in-one application for photography in MS Windows. It will take care of your RAW files and organize them, and give you advanced fine-tuning adjustments for your images that are really useful.

Another Lightroom plus is that you can do batch exports with it.

Whatever software came with your camera should read them.

Thanks guys. I found my cameras CD and now I can upload them.

I never tried RAW, look like the file is very big. Will take very long time to download to the computer? Is it worth?

It seems that there are both positive and negative things about RAW. The upside of Raw is that you can adjust white balance and a couple of other things, incase you messed that up when taking your shot the downside is obviously the big file size. Personally i've only just shot in raw and havent actually uploaded the pictures to my computer to fiddle with them yet.

I never tried RAW, look like the file is very big. Will take very long time to download to the computer? Is it worth?
Check the FAQ thread we have going and there's a number of good threads where this is discussed.

Most reactions

Back