If u bought an Apple product in 2011 - Thank You

Foxcon is a huge telecommunications manufacturer, it is very likely that 80-90% of cell phones have Foxcon components.

Foxcon alone may even be larger a company than Apple.

Either Apple made them straighten up or they're out of work and someone else is in work.

If i recall it correctly, the labor problems were an Apple Supplier named Foxcon (spelling), who makes stuff for many companies? I doubt Apple micromanages its suppliers but i'm sure the heat is on if the stuff end up in Apple products. Either way, I bet research will show that Apple had the problem fixed long before this thread.

You are correct, the vast majority of motherboards on the market as well as lots of other products that use electronic boards are made by Foxconn. They have been in the news a lot the last few years due to horrible labor issues. If you have a computer its motherboard is probably made by Foxconn.

That means that out of every $3.54 people spent on Apple products last year $1.00 was profit.

I'm sure many businesses, including photographers, make 30% profit.

If you're one photographer with a business, hopefully 30% can pay your bills and take care of your family. The CEO of Apple last year made over $370 million. That means if you take 14,000 average Americans, and you add their salaries together, the Apple CEO still made A LOT more.

Either Apple made them straighten up or they're out of work and someone else is in work.

If i recall it correctly, the labor problems were an Apple Supplier named Foxcon (spelling), who makes stuff for many companies? I doubt Apple micromanages its suppliers but i'm sure the heat is on if the stuff end up in Apple products. Either way, I bet research will show that Apple had the problem fixed long before this thread.

You are correct, the vast majority of motherboards on the market as well as lots of other products that use electronic boards are made by Foxconn. They have been in the news a lot the last few years due to horrible labor issues. If you have a computer its motherboard is probably made by Foxconn.

Here is the URL for that NYT article I quoted from earlier...I thought I had pasted it in. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/business/apple-america-and-a-squeezed-middle-class.html?pagewanted=all&src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

It talks about Foxconn City, where the entire facility has 230,000 employees, and where over 25% live in company dormitories. yes, 230-THOUSAND! The article discusses why America no longer has a workforce that can handle modern, industrial production demands in the 21st century...we simply do not have the workforce, or the engineering force. Nor does the USA have government support that allows industries access to HUGE groups of engineers, workers,designers, etc. We sold off and shipped off most of our US-based manufacturing capacity years ago, and sent production overseas. Remember when we said we were becoming an "information-based society", back in the 1990's? Uh-oh--it has happened!

As a high-ranking official from Corning, the USA-based glass-maker said, “The consumer electronics business has become an Asian business. As an American, I worry about that, but there’s nothing I can do to stop it. Asia has become what the U.S. was for the last 40 years.”

Does anybody here remember Curtis Mathis--the LAST USA-made television set??? How long ago did they close up shop? Remember when cameras were made in the USA? Man, it has been a long, long time! KODAK filed for bankruptcy less than a week ago. The entire consumer electronic industry relies on workers at the Foxconn facilities to build the products that people all over the world want to own. Simple fact. Add another $167 to the price of an iPhone, and it could be built in the USA, according to that article....OR, pay $199 for it, built in China.

I call that a success.

I hope to pad the APPLE stock holders in 2012 when I buy a Macbook Pro. I hope it fits the budget.

I hope to pad the APPLE stock holders in 2012 when I buy a Macbook Pro. I hope it fits the budget.

You will love it!

One think that Apple does better than anyone, and its built into their price is provide service. I don't know anyone that has a better package of products and service platform.

I have never, ever been disappointed.

People like talking about how much athletes, CEO's, and other big guys make per year, but there is always something they leave out. If you got offered a 370 million dollar salary for a new job, would you turn it down? If you got offered 14 million to throw a football, would you turn it down because average Americans don't make that much?

I have had apple products for years and have hardly had a complaint. After having my MacBook Pro for 3 years, the only issue was a faulty optical drive, and the same for my brother who has had one for close to 5 now. Great products!

I bought an iMac loaded to the hilt with the student discount. I couldn't be more pleased!

I'm looking forward to more Mac products as well.

You will love it!

One think that Apple does better than anyone, and its built into their price is provide service. I don't know anyone that has a better package of products and service platform.

I have never, ever been disappointed.

I've heard that from everyone that owns one. I haven't heard a negative comment yet.

Apple employs, "43,000 people in the United States, and 20,000 overseas." ...... Last year, it earned over $400,000 in profit per employee,......
$13 billion in profit, divided by 63,000 world wide employees, isn't $400,000 per employee. :scratch:

It's only $206,349.

Wages are for employees PROFITS are for investors/shareholders.

Wow! I may be new to photography equipment, but Apple! My apartment it's an Apple store. Best costumer service, best reliable products, most enjoyable products ever. And yes the more product you get the better it is! One that often is not mention its the Apple TV, that little box it's so great. AirPlay is so cool, any friend that wanna share video, photo or music from their iPhone or iPad when they visit me can stream it to the HD TV which is connected to the surround system. Everything it's networked out of the box. Everything it's everywhere with iCloud and iTunes Match is totally worth it. So easy to pick up on the iPhone from where I left off in the iPad, get home and pick up in the iMac from where I left off on the iPhone. While listening to my entire library available in iCloud on my surround system via Apple TV. I'm a loyal costumer and I will always be as long as they keep their high standard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back