If u bought an Apple product in 2011 - Thank You

Hell, they sold (if I can remember the other day correctly) 37 million iPhones and 15 million iPads just last quarter. 42 billion in revenue.

Yes! Forget the comsumer aspect. As a stockholder, I think its a great product!:peacesign:

The 13,000 millions was just 1 quarter's worth (3 months) of profit according to this article.

NYT: Apple accused of ignoring labor abuses - Business - US business - The New York Times - msnbc.com

It is really pathetic, honestly, that fanboys use abuses that are commonplace to perpetuate their inane anti-Mac position. This isn't about labor abuses by Apple's suppliers, otherwise we'd be saying the same thing about the vast majority of products we buy.

It's a moral red herring for what is decisively a first world problem: what is better, mac or pc?

The 13,000 millions was just 1 quarter's worth (3 months) of profit according to this article.

NYT: Apple accused of ignoring labor abuses - Business - US business - The New York Times - msnbc.com

It is really pathetic, honestly, that fanboys use abuses that are commonplace to perpetuate their inane anti-Mac position. This isn't about labor abuses by Apple's suppliers, otherwise we'd be saying the same thing about the vast majority of products we buy.

It's a moral red herring for what is decisively a first world problem: what is better, mac or pc?

You act as if they force the buyers into the store and FORCE them to buy their product. I'm more than certain shoppers go into a store and weigh out their options before buying something, whether that's an iPhone, Mac, Dell, HP, Toshiba, whatever. Is it SO WRONG that a majority of people prefer Apple products over the competitors? I prefer them over the other ones because they work for me. But the classical "fanboy" gets thrown out again. Typical.

This is going south...I feel it in my bones....

Hey, I'm all for keeping this a float, but I just don't understand why people automatically assume Apple has all these "fanboys" in a cult following and can't buy anything other than their products.

Edit: Not even going to go comment anymore on that.

But looking at these numbers, it's pretty astonishing to see a company do this much in a single quarter.

GeorgieGirl said:
I enjoyed the Lady Gaga series in Vanty Fair, in particular the shot with Gaga with Tony Bennett in the study nude and streteched out. It was a good solid photo....I can't do it.

There is no I doubt that I couldn't do what she can, the woman has talent ... Even if I can't spell her name.

Regardless, I'm just not a fan.

Besides. Isn't gaga already dead to start with?

Nooooo....she is probably one of the most talented people on the planet. True Talent. The Real Deal.

Most would agree.

I can't stand neoclassical art to start with, but I find her stuff especially tacky and uninspired. Like fake Rembrandts.

You act as if they force the buyers into the store and FORCE them to buy their product. I'm more than certain shoppers go into a store and weigh out their options before buying something, whether that's an iPhone, Mac, Dell, HP, Toshiba, whatever. Is it SO WRONG that a majority of people prefer Apple products over the competitors? I prefer them over the other ones because they work for me. But the classical "fanboy" gets thrown out again. Typical.

Uhm. I was referring to the PC fanboys... did you even read what I wrote?

So, maybe the New York TImes was correct when they reported that Apple made over $400,000 in yearly profit, per employee, last year? I quoted the NYT article as having stated that Apple earned that much, but the $13 billion figure was supplied by YOU; that number was nowhere in the New York TImes article that I linked to and referenced. So, basically, the factual error was introduced by YOUR OWN mistake...

We all get it KmH...you're an anti-Apple guy...an Apple hater...a guy who has never understood the value of buying the best-made, lowest-maintenance, most-reliable, lowest total cost of ownership computers...meaning Apple computers. If you're happy with your Hyundai and Yugo fleet, then just forget about building a fleet of Mercedes and BMW vehicles.It's obvious that mercedes and BMW products are very overpriced rip-off vehicles, and that there's no reason, none whatsoever, to ever,ever spend more than the lowest possible dollar amount.

Your disdain for Apple, the company whose products you and other haters love to bash, is well-known.

How is that restaurant you've never eaten at, the one right across from the state Capitol building? Is it any good?

Well..... with all fairness.

My Macbook is like my Volvo. If anything breaks on it, I won't be able to afford to fix it :)

Fortunately, nothing ever breaks on either. Well. Except for the transmission in the Volvo.

mjhoward said:
Most grocery stores have products on the shelf that return 300%... yea 10 times that of the evil apple. So what?

That does not mean they have a 300% net profit.

Some are implying company success and profit is NOT a good thing????

Some are implying company success and profit is NOT a good thing????

No..."some" are implying that Apple products are not as good as options made by other companies, and are using the company's profits as was pointed out above, as a "moral red herring" for the old fanboy PC versus Mac argument. What "some" seem to conveniently forget is that the Foxconn City complex, and its 230,000 workers, makes products for the vast majority of large consumer electronics and computer makers. Read the New York Times article I referenced above--it goes into pretty good detail on WHY the majority of consumer electronics products are made overseas. Most Americans I would venture, are unaware of the fact that we in the USA no longer have the workers, the engineers, nor the manufacturing capacity, nor the direct access to foreign-made electronics components that exist in foreign countries. These are the kind of people that bemoan Made in Thailand or Made in China notices on products. I saw it when I was a kid when people called Japanese products, "Cheap Jap junk". The memory of WW II was then, fairly recent in the minds of tens of millions of Americans.

Most reactions

Back