If you could take one lens?

Compaq, schwettylens: Are you two members over at rangefinderforum.com? If not, you should be. Their gallery is particularly inspiring for those who love street photography.

Compaq - Great vintage rangefinder. I had a similar one, but it was the budget model. f/2.8 and no spot meter. But the Zuiko optics never disappoint.

I've still got my Rollei 35, Yashica Electro 35, and Konica Auto S2. Sold my Canonet and Olympus XA2.

I think I am a member, but I'm having trouble logging in...can't remember my info, hehe! I'm a rangefinder noob, though. This is my first. But I've been wanting one for some time! I was out today on the street. I see that I need to build up the balls to dare going closer to people. But I feel that it won't take much time.

If it's a size and weight thing, my E-P1 plus the 12/2.0 and 45/1.8 would take up less space than a DSLR and one lens. If I had to pick one...probably the 12/2.0

Did sombody say Canonet?

The GF1 has almost exactly the same size body & equipped with the 14-45 zoom is still fairly compact. Sorry though, no viewfinder.

IMG_4310sm.jpg

I'd like to have the 24-105 with a converter, but I don't have one so I'd go with my Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 OS. It's my everything lens.

I'd use the Canon 100-400. I rarely shoot wide. It's super heavy, but I go by the philosophy that I'd rather suffer for quality, then complain about what I should have done after it's all over. lol

50mm f1.4 everytime. Perfect for portraits and street photography.

Did sombody say Canonet?
The GF1 has almost exactly the same size body & equipped with the 14-45 zoom is still fairly compact. Sorry though, no viewfinder.

You surprise me.... I didn't even think you owned any "native" micro 4 3 lenses. :p

You obviously never checked my signature.

I bought the G1 with both the 14-45 & 45-200 & found both too slow for what I shoot & started buying older faster glass. I then bought the GF1, body only, for my wife to use the native lenses on full auto. The 45-200 sits in the cupboard.

I will on occasion use both cameras with vintage glass on them @ low light venues.

BTW, nice to see some folk notice I am not one of the crowd.

i shot an entire vacation exclusively with an 18-55 with great results. If i still had an 18-55 i'd take it but i'd rather take a 17-55 2.8.
it also depends on where i am going if its alot of architecture than a 10-20 sigma or 11-16 tokina(i only have the sigma) i shot the 18-55 exclusively at 18mm as well so it makes sense to take that. the 10-20 and 35 1.8 would prob do me. I do want a 50 1.4 instead of the 35 lately tho.

I bought the G1 with both the 14-45 & 45-200 & found both too slow for what I shoot & started buying older faster glass. I then bought the GF1, body only, for my wife to use the native lenses on full auto. The 45-200 sits in the cupboard.

I will on occasion use both cameras with vintage glass on them @ low light venues.

Ahha!! I just now realized that signatures don't show up on the iPad app... :lol:

Like you I started with the G1 but purchased used, body only with only adapted lenses (Leica M companion and Takumar/Pentax). I ended up with a mix starting with the kit lens that came with the E-PL1 I purchased much later. btw... just received the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 yesterday. If you are interested in a fast native mild telephoto, this one has my thumbs up so far.

E-PL1 iso 200 1/160 f/1.8.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6782428239_7544738d9c_b.jpg

Ahha!! I just now realized that signatures don't show up on the iPad app... :lol:

Like you I started with the G1 but purchased used, body only with only adapted lenses (Leica M companion and Takumar/Pentax). I ended up with a mix starting with the kit lens that came with the E-PL1 I purchased much later. btw... just received the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 yesterday. If you are interested in a fast native mild telephoto, this one has my thumbs up so far.

E-PL1 iso 200 1/160 f/1.8.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6782428239_7544738d9c_b.jpg

I have a Minolta 45/2 that is close enough to the Oly & is sharp wide open.

If my vacation were mainly landscape shots I would take the 17-40MM (mountains, vistas) . If it were mainly people shots the 70-200mm (beach, flowers). If it were both then my 24-105mm (and a 2x extender- is that cheating?).

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back