If you had the choice...

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
would you go with a car that you really like the color of, or the car that had the best extra features?

Here's the scenario...there are two toyota celicas within an hour of me, one is black with 99k, the other is silver with 106k, but has a sunroof and spoiler...I like the black color better, but I really want a sunroof and spoiler...which would you choose??? The silver car blue books at more b/c of the extra accessories and is actually cheaper than the black...

I swear I'll leave you all alone about cars in about a week when I decide :lol:

Feel free to SPAM Fest this post after you answer the question :hail: :lmao:

The sunroof is not worth the extra mileage. On an older car they can "spring" leaks and it's a pain in the butt to fix. Go for the black car, you can add the spoiler if you want.

ummm...what about the engines? are they in good shape, are they making any odd noises? or the like...color and spoliers are one thing but if it doesn't make it out of the driveway... also silver will reflect heat and sunlight a lot more than the black car would.

I would go out of my way to get a sunroof...I love sunroofs.

Color is nice....but it's more important if you are a show off. Features are more for yourself...I'd go with the features...but that's just me.

ANy other extra features? Celicas have some really neat things, sometimes...like multi adjustable seats etc. What about power locks & windows? A/T/C ?

Forgot to mention that mygrain :lol: Both cars have a clean carfax, I've driven the black and it runs well...I am going to drive the silver next week, but it actually seems to be in better condition than the black from reading about it...

Something I was told by a friend that sells cars, is that it's sometimes better to get one with a bit more mileage, b/c at about 80-90 is when they start having minor troubles, but above 100 they've usually had those kinks worked out and are good to go. He also said these cars can run to 300k no problem...and alot of folks have told me that...

Ya, a Toyota that's treated well will make 300000k easy.

Big Mike said:
I would go out of my way to get a sunroof...I love sunroofs.

Color is nice....but it's more important if you are a show off. Features are more for yourself...I'd go with the features...but that's just me.

ANy other extra features? Celicas have some really neat things, sometimes...like multi adjustable seats etc. What about power locks & windows? A/T/C ?

Both have power everything, I don't think the black one has keyless, but the silver may...air works in both...both are automatics...both have cruise, but I think the silver may have extra small features that the black doesn't...I should be going to look at it on Monday.

Yup.Toyotas can go on for almost as long as a honda. They make great cars if kept up. If the silver is in better shape and it has the goodies after you confirm that it drive okay then go with yer heart sista!!

Big Mike said:
Ya, a Toyota that's treated well will make 300000k easy.

That's one other thing that's making me lean more towards the silver, it's being sold by the second owner, who knows the person she bought it from...she's a dealer, I guess something about knowing where the car has been makes me feel better...even for the mileage...

mygrain said:
Yup.Toyotas can go on for almost as long as a honda. They make great cars if kept up. If the silver is in better shape and it has the goodies after you confirm that it drive okay then go with yer heart sista!!

:lol: Thanks mygrain...my heart wants a cherry red one w/all the extras :lmao:

Why do you want Celica so bad?

They're ooogly.

REALLY!?! a million bucks...the whole thing at once...will it bounce? thats' rude to ask. sorry.

mygrain said:
REALLY!?! a million bucks...the whole thing at once...will it bounce? thats' rude to ask. sorry.

Yep...it won't bounce, and I'll send it in cash...or you could just go buy your own with 20 bucks at walmart in the games section...Who wants to be a millionaire board game...that's where I got my first mil from :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back