If you were going to shoot a senior outdoors

Golden hour (hour before sunset)

Bring a reflectoratoring device

That would be a good time to go out.

Find a nice place that will give you as much of the suns last light as you can, before it sets.

For an example:
Best place would be a beach on the west coast.
Worst would be the eastern side of a large mountain.

I would also ensure I had some good off camera lighting.

Sunrise or Sunset. If your shooting a large group of people, that may be troublesome though since lighting will only last for an hour if you lucky. If you need more than an hour of shooting, find a shady spot and bring some lighting.

Steve

am I the only one that read this wrong??? I know we use the term "shoot" all the time... but this just sounds horrible...

"If you're going to shoot a senior outside, what time of day would you do it?"

Am I crazy? lol

I'm with you, Sarah. Take them deep into the woods, late at night, and don't forget your silencer...:lol:

As far as your intended question, without any further information, we can't give you too much advice. However, as the above posters said, the "golden hour" is probably the easiest time of day to photograph someone (notice I didn't say shoot them).

I'm gonna bet with this type of question, you don't have a ton of experience with off camera flash (I could be wrong). I noticed in another thread you posted (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...gallery/200092-outdoor-shooting-problems.html) it was advised to get a diffuser and reflector. Do you have these items?

Yes, get a reflector. I'm just learning how to properly use mine, but it's crazy how well it works. Duh, right?? LOL...

You can easily shoot in the middle of the day, just make sure you find open shade.

My immediate thought upon reading the question in the title was: "You're going to have witnesses and will go to gaol!" ;)

The golden hour is a good time, but an open shade is also good, as was suggested by Sw1tchFX. Just don't necessarily go out into the bright sunlight which will give you loads of shadows in the faces and have your subjects squint a lot. So unless the day is overcast (natural diffuser!), and they can't make 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. (I guess that's when it's the Golden Hour happens at this time of the year? I think here it does - and as seniors WON'T make the equivalent a.m. time ;)!), look for the shade.

I'm with you, Sarah. Take them deep into the woods, late at night, and don't forget your silencer...:lol:

As far as your intended question, without any further information, we can't give you too much advice. However, as the above posters said, the "golden hour" is probably the easiest time of day to photograph someone (notice I didn't say shoot them).

I'm gonna bet with this type of question, you don't have a ton of experience with off camera flash (I could be wrong). I noticed in another thread you posted (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...gallery/200092-outdoor-shooting-problems.html) it was advised to get a diffuser and reflector. Do you have these items?

Reflector, but no diffuser.

Most reactions

Back