If your whole family was photographers...

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what would the dinner table discussion be like?

Me: I want an AR15 for Christmas
Dad: Which caliber?
Mom: Mid length or M4 gas system?
Sister: Seriously though, AK's are more reliable.
Wife: A pistol would be more useful for home defense.

j/k :D

(me) "I photographed a bird today."

(my DIL) "Medium format is the tool of the proletariat."

(my grandson) "Climate Change Deniers should be given Instamatics!"

(my wife) "We need to get pictures of Katie's dance recital."

(my son) "The world is using photographic resources at an unsustainable rate."

(me) "I photographed a bird today."

Me: I want an AR15 for Christmas
Dad: Which caliber?
Mom: Mid length or M4 gas system?
Sister: Seriously though, AK's are more reliable.
Wife: A pistol would be more useful for home defense.

j/k :D

Sounds like a typical Southern conversation to me. haha

I'm broke

Hey me too!

They took my house yesterday.

I'm on my third bankruptcy!

I would tell them all "Your camera takes nice pitchers"

My wife is a bit of an MWAC... :lol: So our discussions usually involve me getting yelled at for changing her settings.

Just me and the wife as the kids are grown and out of the country on assignment. Wife, honey I need a good sensor cleaning tonight. Husband, when you say good, do mean a quicky good or a deep cleaning good? I need a deep one that will last longer than the last one.

The next day at breakfast table, the wife tells hubby, we need a professional...

Hmmm, let's see:

Oldest sister would definitely shoot digital. She'd wipe the screen and lens after every single shot to make sure there were never any smudges, and her bag would be spotless.

Next sister would also have the latest digital body with every gadget she could get for it. The problem is that she'd often lose those gadgets. Half her pictures would be accidental exposures, but the ones she did on purpose would be pretty good.

Brother would shoot film as well as digital and would tinker with all the cameras to fix or improve them. He'd probably take architectural and car shots.

Next sister would shoot whatever camera comes in fashion colors and would have lots of animal and flower shots. She'd get a lot of likes on social media.

My father always liked mechanically oddball things, so he and I would share the Polaroid. He just might have built his own 8x10 view camera as well, which would look horribly jury-rigged, but would be as solid as hell and technically sound.

My mother would have a point and shoot, she'd constantly confuse the on-off button for the shutter button, she'd never delete anything, and would spend most of her time telling the rest of us what we were doing wrong.

Edit: Ah yes, the dinner conversation. Portuguese family dinners are long and chaotic, and the wine flows freely, so it's anybody's guess what the conversation would be like regardless of our photography habits ;)

Dinners nice, what's for desert

Hmmm, let's see:

Oldest sister would definitely shoot digital. She'd wipe the screen and lens after every single shot to make sure there were never any smudges, and her bag would be spotless.

Next sister would also have the latest digital body with every gadget she could get for it. The problem is that she'd often lose those gadgets. Half her pictures would be accidental exposures, but the ones she did on purpose would be pretty good.

Brother would shoot film as well as digital and would tinker with all the cameras to fix or improve them. He'd probably take architectural and car shots.

Next sister would shoot whatever camera comes in fashion colors and would have lots of animal and flower shots. She'd get a lot of likes on social media.

My father always liked mechanically oddball things, so he and I would share the Polaroid. He just might have built his own 8x10 view camera as well, which would look horribly jury-rigged, but would be as solid as hell and technically sound.

My mother would have a point and shoot, she'd constantly confuse the on-off button for the shutter button, she'd never delete anything, and would spend most of her time telling the rest of us what we were doing wrong.

Edit: Ah yes, the dinner conversation. Portuguese family dinners are long and chaotic, and the wine flows freely, so it's anybody's guess what the conversation would be like regardless of our photography habits ;)

Love the Father - in Law... that's me... Lol or my daughter in law would say. She always calls me either dork or beav. Beav is because I watch Leave it to Beaver DVD's. I am beav to my wifes family. They eat dinner in front of the TV, watch crazy TV where guys are gay and trying to marry woman etc. When they come to my house, everyone sits at the dinner table, no cell phone, no TV etc.... it keeps them from coming over. I play board games with my grandkids and they love them... thats where the dork comes into play as well. Oh, and I have my 3rd grade grandson coding in C already.

Mmmmm, this COULD be fun fun to think about, BUT I am 1of 8 siblings!!
Then do I have to include spouses!?? And college age kids of siblings?. Holy cow, we are in the 30+ range !
Nope, not going there...:)
Merry Christmas.

Me - who used my (lens, tripod, SD card, flash, filter) and forgot to put it back?

Crickets chirping...

My 2 1/2 year old daughter: Yay! A camera! But wait...oh no...it's black...That's okay! I can fix it! I'll go get my paint and glitter and stickers!!

My almost 1-year-old son: Hmmm....Okay, Mom, two questions. Can I eat it? No? Does it have wheels? No? Then why are you wasting my time?? *chucks it*

My husband: Alright, I need to read some reviews, find out what the best of the best is. It doesn't matter how much it costs, it's an investment! I need to learn on the very top-of-the-line equipment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back