IKOFLEX l

marshm-3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought the camera on EBAY with a not very clear photo of the lens. It has a 1:3,5 75 cm RODENSTOCK TRINAR lens. The serial number 2016529 indicates 1945. Does anyone know how many were made?

A lot.............could be in the thousands.
Quote....."Conclusion: The lens was a worldwide success, over four decades. Probably a few copies were made by Japanese lens makers."

To date a response that I have received from 1 collector stated that he has found only 2. Another said he has never seen one. It could not be a japanese manufacturer it is RODENSTOCK. What other references have you researched that would support "A lot..........could be in the thousands" or is it speculation on your part? The site that you used did not cite 75cm 1:3,5 TRINAR therefore is irrelevant to my search.

Last edited:
Yep, speculation. And yeah, sorry I see that lens was not there. Do'h!!!

And this history below does not mention TRINAR. Maybe you do have a unicorn.

Yep, speculation. And yeah, sorry I see that lens was not there. Do'h!!!

And this history below does not mention TRINAR. Maybe you do have a unicorn.

OK, np problem, a simple error. I have inquired at several forums but no definitive information yet.

I was talking with a co-worker at the lab and he asked if you can post a few pics. He's most knowledgeable about vintage cameras.

I was talking with a co-worker at the lab and he asked if you can post a few pics. He's most knowledgeable about vintage cameras.
I'll try, at 83 I sometimes have difficulty uploading photos.

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_120223111.jpg
    IMG_20230928_120223111.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230928_120243337_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230928_120243337_HDR.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230928_120255886_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230928_120255886_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230928_120302213_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230928_120302213_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
So my co-worker said he has not seen that lens/shutter combo on a Ikoflex. He said most have the Ziess Tessar or the Novar lens. He looked in his Ikoflex catalogs and none are listed that way.
He thinks the camera might have had a refurb done at one point in its life and that is how that lens/shutter got on there. That makes the most sense to me too.

So my co-worker said he has not seen that lens/shutter combo on a Ikoflex. He said most have the Ziess Tessar or the Novar lens. He looked in his Ikoflex catalogs and none are listed that way.
He thinks the camera might have had a refurb done at one point in its life and that is how that lens/shutter got on there. That makes the most

He thinks the camera might have had a refurb done at one point in its life and that is how that lens/shutter got on there. That makes the most sense to me too.
It would make sense but for the fact that one collector said he had found two with the lens shutter combo. You mentioned a lab, is it a photo lab? If so do you practice the old dip & dunk method?

one collector said he had found two with the lens shutter combo.
My co-worker was unsure about that and thought maybe that collector was mistaken. He also said there might be a very (VERY) slight chance that this was done during warranty but I myself do not think that was the case. Mystery continues.

You mentioned a lab, is it a photo lab? If so do you practice the old dip & dunk method?
I work at Schiller's Camera here in St. Louis. They are a camera store/lab and also have a AV and large printer department. Schiller's has been in business since 1892 and is considered the oldest active photo shop in the US.
At the lab we do just about anything you need. My main job is photo retouching and large format printing. We use a Noritsu V50 C-41 automated control strip monitored roller processor for color print film. I do all the BW film processing at my home darkroom for the lab. I use stainless tanks with Hewes reels, D-76 for developer. One of my tanks holds 14 rolls of 35mm and yes my arms do get a work out....LOL

Web site...... Welcome to Schiller's!

My co-worker was unsure about that and thought maybe that collector was mistaken. He also said there might be a very (VERY) slight chance that this was done during warranty but I myself do not think that was the case. Mystery continues.

I work at Schiller's Camera here in St. Louis. They are a camera store/lab and also have a AV and large printer department. Schiller's has been in business since 1892 and is considered the oldest active photo shop in the US.
At the lab we do just about anything you need. My main job is photo retouching and large format printing. We use a Noritsu V50 C-41 automated control strip monitored roller processor for color print film. I do all the BW film processing at my home darkroom for the lab. I use stainless tanks with Hewes reels, D-76 for developer. One of my tanks holds 14 rolls of 35mm and yes my arms do get a work out....LOL

Web site...... Welcome to Schiller's!
I shoot predominantly B&W 35mm with LEICA M-3 50cm 2.8 ELMAR, LEICA 3f with same lens,120 with HASSELBLAD 500 C with 150mm F4 SONNAR, ROLLEIFLEX , ZEISS MESS IKONTA. and IKOFLEX. I shoot KODAK TRI X and T-MAX ARISTA EDU UTLTRA 400 ILFORD DELTA 100. do you process all of these and do you have a price list for processing including shipping?

I shoot KODAK TRI X and T-MAX ARISTA EDU UTLTRA 400 ILFORD DELTA 100. do you process all of these and do you have a price list for processing including shipping?
I can process all those, standard BW stuff.

Prices for BW- 24/36exp 35mm and 120 dev only $10.00 per roll. Push/pull $10.00 extra.

We can make prints or we can scan to CD, USB or Dropbox link. 2000 res scans using a Noritsu 1800 series scanner (one step below a drum scan).

Shipping is $9.95 per order so I would send more than just 1 or 2 rolls.

Link to our film price page.... Film Developing | Schiller's

Most reactions

New Topics

Back