I'll Pay For Your In-Depth Knowledge of Your Equipment

ccronje

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Update: 18/01/2011

This offer is now closed, since I have received enough responses. I'm not sure how to delete this thread, so I'll just update and close it.

Thanks to those who showed an interest.

Chris

====
Hi All,

I'll get right to the point. I would like to put some in-depth customer reviews of SLR cameras and lenses on my blog and I'm willing to pay up to $70 for you to write a detailed review of your own equipment for me. If you are interested, please PM me with a list of the cameras/lenses you can review for me and I will explain this in more detail. I'm looking for professional, in-depth reviews so please don't apply if you are a beginner like myself.

I am also looking for video reviews, so if you are interested in making a 5 to 10 minute video review instead of writing please contact me as well. I'm willing to pay a lot more for a video review. Lastly, I'm also looking for experienced photographers who I can pay to write how-to guides and tutorials for me on a variety of topics.

Please PM me if you are interested in any of the above and I will send you more information.

Thanks

Chris

Last edited:
My .02 here:

I'll admit that I'm a professional editor, but there's no way I'd sell an *in-depth* article for $70. Given the time it would take to develop and write a quality in-depth article, it would probably amount to about $4/hr. Or less. I would normally charge anywhere between $200-500 for an in-depth article of the sort you are seeking. For $70, I might be willing to write a brief, testimonial style review that wouldn't take any real preparation on my part.

You're going to get three kinds of people:
Professional photographers, like what you're looking for, who can't write.
OR
Photographers who can write, but whose photography equipment isn't what you're looking for.
OR
Professional photographers who CAN write. The majority of these people are far too busy making real money to take you up on this offer.

Good luck; I hope you get some takers!

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this. For the record I'm perfectly willing to pay $200 or more for this, but then it will have to an amazing piece of work. I've purchased excellent 400-500 word testimonial style reviews in the past for less than $20, so for $70 I had something a bit more midway between the two in mind.

The bottom line is - I'm more than willing to negotiate, so even if you want to charge $500 please PM me anyway :lol:

My .02 here:

I'll admit that I'm a professional editor, but there's no way I'd sell an *in-depth* article for $70. Given the time it would take to develop and write a quality in-depth article, it would probably amount to about $4/hr. Or less. I would normally charge anywhere between $200-500 for an in-depth article of the sort you are seeking. For $70, I might be willing to write a brief, testimonial style review that wouldn't take any real preparation on my part.

You're going to get three kinds of people:
Professional photographers, like what you're looking for, who can't write.
OR
Photographers who can write, but whose photography equipment isn't what you're looking for.
OR
Professional photographers who CAN write. The majority of these people are far too busy making real money to take you up on this offer.

Good luck; I hope you get some takers!

can you show proof that this is not a scam? it sounds kinda fishy....

Yeah, who is to say i send you a review and i get no money? Do you have references or an escrow service

It's kind of sad to see these comments. I'm looking for good content for my website and I'm willing to pay for it. How would you have worded this so that it doesn't sound fishy?

I'm more than willing to pay a deposit up front or use a site like Elance.com (where I've outsourced more than 80 projects) that has an excellent Escrow service for these type of freelance jobs, but like I said - please PM me and we can discuss the details if you are interested.

Most reactions

Back