I'm annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, lesson WELL learned. lol I should just stop being so nice, apparently.

So you learned two lessons: 1) don't do this again, and 2) don't bother to confront anyone who obviously is not being honest - you'll get more of the same. FWIW, the photo isn't bad. It could use a little more contrast and this may not be her best face, but it's way better than what most people turn out.

I don't think it's a bad shot. Could be better, but not bad.

Sounds like she's dishonest. Frankly, she doesn't sound like anyone I would even want to be friends with.

I am so tempted to link to the chosen photo.

ahhh I see the problem...you didn't put a silly copyright in the middle of your photo to promote yourself.

I agree it might be better with some adjustment to the contrast, I don't think that plaid against the grayish beige background was ideal, and those may not have been your choices so talking about specifics ahead of time could help.

I think sometimes people seem to be asking around to get anyone (or maybe everyone!) they know with a camera who will do it for free - to do it for free. And then ask more than one person and then maybe do their own editing and then start posting on Facebook... (And the daughter is modeling, sounds like she wanted portraits for free instead of going to a professional portrait photographer where she'd have to pay.)

She could have handled this better and just asked one person to take pictures but I think when it's free people may not look at it as work and might take it for granted that it's OK to not use the photos that they didn't pay for. Or if it was being submitted and you don't know the guidelines yourself you don't know necessarily what they're looking for or what might have a better chance of being accepted. Probably better to ask questions about usage and get clear on expectations to minimize problems later.

Now you know, to politely decline! and if the daughter is modeling the mom should probably start looking into hiring a photographer for portraits.

FWIW, Bonnie, I would use your work over hers any day of the week.

Don't stew on it. It's not worth it. Some people prefer crap I guess.

I don't think that kid likes getting her picture taken! LOL It had to be serious, well, I can't say the expression seem to work that well (the eye going sideways under her hair doesn't seem too flattering). I don't care for that turquoise school wall (or at least the way the color might have been boosted or brightened up) but maybe the magazine wanted something colorful?? I don't know why that was selected...

Yes, the location we had first discussed shooting at was not this.. but the wind was hitting TERRIBLY and her hair had to be "natural" for the shot per the magazine guidelines so we had to find somewhere to hide from the wind. It was 110 or so out and she asked after every single camera click "are we done yet?" "can we go home now?" she was NOT having it at all. I offered to re-shoot because I was not 100% pleased with the shots we got as far as going into any magazine, crap or not. lol She told me she was on a time crunch and refused to re-shoot so I let it go. I did edit this a bit differently than I normally do, also.. kind of hazed it.

The whole situation honestly was frustrating.. the theme was supposed to be "high fashion, chic, and natural hair with no hair accessories" she was supposed to be wearing this furry purple vest which IMO, made the outfit.. they showed up without it because it was lost. I was like uhhh the outfit makes no sense without it - which is another reason I wanted to re-shoot. I had a vision for the shot I wanted, the vest was a BIG part of that shot so I was irritated.

Yes you work is getting better and better.I am sure you know this already but even family lies to each other or screw each over sometimes.I cant stand phony people my self that do things behind the back because they have no backbone.With friends like that or family like that I rather be a loner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back