Status
Not open for further replies.

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What would you do??

Before I explain, let me just lay out that the magazine is completely stupid and this is just about principle for me. lol

I was asked by a fellow marine wife to photograph her daughter that does "modeling" and that one of the pics would be put in this little magazine. I'm nice, I'm usually bored, she's military.. why not I say? So we photograph. I'm not 100% pleased with the photos.. it was 110 out and her daughter was NOT having it.. we got a few okay shots I think. She says they're fine, refuses to reshoot, picks one, supposedly submits it!

Today, on facebook, in my news feed.. I see a local fauxtog.. yes, I'm allowed to say this because the photos are well, not great to be nice. Again, I'm a nice person (most of the time). lol Anyway, she uploads an album of this girl, in the outfit.. some of the same locations and says one can be found in blablabla magazine. I go look at the preview digital copy of said magazine and sure enough.. one of her pics is in there!! It is NOT one of the ones I took.

I've taken a few other boutique modeling shots as a favor to a friend since then.. so I'm pretty hurt that she did this all basically behind my back. It's really not nice.

Needless to say I AM DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE.

THE END.

You were not paid correct? You got some experience out of the deal so it is not a total loss.

You were not paid correct? You got some experience out of the deal so it is not a total loss.

Not paid. Yes, the experience to never work with them again. haha

She did you a favor, you said you weren't happy with the photos, right? Then why would you want one in a magazine with your name attached?

She did you a favor, you said you weren't happy with the photos, right? Then why would you want one in a magazine with your name attached?

I like where your head's at Rob!! lol This would have been the image...
$DSC_0967.jpg

I still feel the need to tell her something though!! I think I'll feel better. lol

I still feel the need to tell her something though!! I think I'll feel better. lol
That wasn't very kind to go behind your back at all. I can see why your feelings are hurt. If you must say something to her, maybe just a little note telling her just that. Your feelings were hurt. Period.

Just scream it into your pillow.

No contract anything goes.Break something,it usually makes me feel better.:wink:

Perhaps she was embarrassed at having to say she didn't like your work.

I suggest that next time you see her alone, you just smile and say that you're happy she found some work that she liked.

You may want to tell her, but if she's like some people I know, she's completely oblivious about your feeling on this. I'd suggest you let it go - you've learned something valuable about your "friend", and it didn't cost you much.

Well, can't say I took the highest road possible.. but I felt like my head was going to explode. lol I commented on it and said "whoa whoa is this not what you had me photograph??" and then she messaged me..

her
I submitted a bunch of pics and they picked from them

10:43am
Bonnie Craig

well, thats disappointing ;\

her
I'm sorry!

Bonnie Craig
that was kind of the whole reason in doing the photos to begin with and i thought you were submitting just one photo

10:44am
her
They only needed one, but I did submit more from both of you

10:45am
Bonnie Craig
im not sure what to say

10:46am
her
I didn't purposely try to dupe you or anything...honestly. You both responded to my post that night and I didn't know either of your work and just decided to go for both and let them decide

10:46am
Bonnie Craig
its definitely disappointing. i was not aware you were having more than one shoot done to begin with. i did offer to reshoot too.
i would not have taken them had i known that, honestly.

10:47am
her
I wasn't disappointed with your shoot at all. I just sent it to them and let them pick what they felt would go best with their vision

10:47am
Bonnie Craig
i understand that. i just wish you had been up front about having another photographer also doing photos

10:48am
her
It all happened so fast, I just didn't even think about it honestly

.. and then I just didn't respond. she lies. she knew damn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back