I'm bored - here's another one...

photogoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trueblueintimates.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was truly an odd job... to photograph a knight in shining armour.

339%3B4%3C5923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D445%3D%3A%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234584535%3B3ot1lsi

The whole assignment was to take pictures of this huge horse. The knight was a prop but he actually made a better subject than the horse did. Here is another shot from that same day. Poor guy was sweating his hind end off. You should see all of the layers of stuff that they wear under the armor. :D

339%3B583523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D445%3D%3A%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E2323458443%3B97ot1lsi

hi photogoddess,

i agree with craig, the highlight in the pic is a bit much, however the rest of that is awesome!

The second shot is interesting... its a bit busy for my tastes but i still like it alot, mainly that subtle peek from the helm that keeps me interested. Here some quick thoughts:

1. maybe a greater DOF
2. i think this might be better in b&w. The reason i say that is that the coloured flag distracts from the knight a bit.
3. Blur or burn the the top right of the picture (that includes that grey hair stuff).
4. I love the little sunlight on the armour! nice touch!
5. crop some of the stuff on the right out.

here's a quick sample of what i had in mind, its just quick touch up and its a bit 'overburned'. I realised i like the pic better in colour too :) :

photogoddess.jpg

I love these pics, do you have anymore? :D

Of the two, I like the closeup best. It is intriguing, and captures my attention enough so that I want to see more.

The first image was my favorite. I agree the second one is a bit busy. I liked the shot but couldn't decide on how I wanted to present it. The grey hair is actually part of the helmet so I left it in. I did this job as a favor to a friend that boards her horse where I keep my horses. They needed some photos to show at a presentation for school kids on Knights. Everything was set up by them and I was supposed to just show up and knock a few shots out. You should have seen the whole set up! Four sets of armor, shields, helmets, flags and an over 18 hand tall Shire (draft) horse in his own armor. It was quite something!

I haven't decided how much I like this one...
339%3B586%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D445%3D%3A%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E2323458434972ot1lsi

This is the last of the shots that I truly thought were good enough to present.
339%3B586%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D445%3D%3A%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E232345842479%3Aot1lsi

BTW - Thanks for the comments and help. I will play with the images in photoshop and try some of your suggestions. I am really glad that I found this site. It is really nice to have a fresh perspective on things. I get a little too close to projects to see them objectively and my husband thinks I can walk on water with a camera. I guess I could say that he is terribly biased. :wink:

Not nearly as glam as it sounds. The whole thing happened in the back driveway of the barn. The horse was barely broke to ride and had only been exposed to his armor once before and was all over the place. If you can imagine a 2000 pound beast trying to stand still with all of that stuff lying around.... I will try to find a shot of the whole kit and caboodle. Why can't I get paid to do this stuff? :?

Whoa! I am around horses enough to give them deep respect. I can imagine that poor critter running around with armor on and it frightens me. Horses are smart, but I have heard too many stories of horse gets spooked and throws rider.

Getting paid for your photos is a whole other story :D

Most reactions

Back