I'm confused .... a little advice?

gummibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so I ran this contest on FB and this lady won a free photoshoot from me ... although she is a "photographer" herself, which I was unaware of up until now...anyways she sent me this email:

....Also, Ms. XXXXX that goes to church with us is wanting to get portraits of Dxxxxxxx (13 yr old daughter) I had told her that I would do a session for $30....but my plate is so full right now I'm not gonna have the time to do it. I was wandering if you would consider helping out this sweet lady? Ms. PXXXXX just had that hip surgery and I'm not sure if she is able to drive....so I volunteered to pick up Dxxxxx Sxxxx when I did the pictures. I haven't talked to Ms. Pxxxx about this yet, I just wanted to see if you could help them out first?....

What?!?! I'm a little confused on what she is asking? Is she wanting me to do a photoshoot for 30 bucks? My least expensive is $75 ... and it's almost Christmas, ykwim? Anyways, what do you gather from this email? She's confusing me ... and I am going thru alot right now with Hubby's deployment, I can't think straight... sigh.

Ok, so I ran this contest on FB and this lady won a free photoshoot from me ... although she is a "photographer" herself, which I was unaware of up until now...anyways she sent me this email:

....Also, Ms. XXXXX that goes to church with us is wanting to get portraits of Dxxxxxxx (13 yr old daughter) I had told her that I would do a session for $30....but my plate is so full right now I'm not gonna have the time to do it. I was wandering if you would consider helping out this sweet lady? Ms. PXXXXX just had that hip surgery and I'm not sure if she is able to drive....so I volunteered to pick up Dxxxxx Sxxxx when I did the pictures. I haven't talked to Ms. Pxxxx about this yet, I just wanted to see if you could help them out first?....

What?!?! I'm a little confused on what she is asking? Is she wanting me to do a photoshoot for 30 bucks? My least expensive is $75 ... and it's almost Christmas, ykwim? Anyways, what do you gather from this email? She's confusing me ... and I am going thru alot right now with Hubby's deployment, I can't think straight... sigh.

Looks like the answer would be yes. I guess instead of taking the photo shoot of her she wants you to favor her win to do DXXXX instead. She said she would do it for $30 but I guess she is passing the buck off to you instead; so if you do decide to do DXXXX let her know she is using up her free photo shoot she won on FB and you guys are even.

Sounds like maybe you ought to ask the "winner" to explain "exactly" what she is proposing...IOW a follow-up communication is needed...I'd fire off an e-mail to her and ask her to go over the particulars with you.

It sounds like she's asking you to shoot her session for her. Just ask her "Are you asking me to shoot a session for $30?" Keep us updated, I'm interested in her reply :D

I think she just passing that 30$ gig onto your "plate", oh and you have to pick the lady up at her place too. HAHAHAHA!

You see how giving away free shoot on facebook is not doing anything good for your business. Especially went the winner is a photographer hahah i dont think you will get any referal from her.

gummibear said:

You know what's funny. Somebody on here asked people to go to some photographers Facebook page like it and write that so-and-so sent us and if she got enough people to do it she would win a photo shoot!

How did the person win your contest?

Maybe your "winner" would like to help out the sweet lady by giving her free photoshoot away, as long as she still gives the ride. Sounds like that's what she's asking.

Send an email or phone call to get an understanding, you owe the lady a free photoshoot, so if she wants to have it done for someone from her church that's probably her choice unless you had certain rules spelled out in your contest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back