I'm getting older...

tmpadmin said:
Oh! All that eating reminds me of Veggie Tales The 8 Polish Foods of Christmas.

8 Polish Foods for Christmas? I never heard about it :) I know only about 12 polish foods for Christmas :)

mentos_007 said:
8 Polish Foods for Christmas? I never heard about it :) I know only about 12 polish foods for Christmas :)

Me too. I wish I wouldn't be breaking copyright laws if I posted the song but here are some of the lyrics. Veggie Tales (check out larry's Christmas Countdown) are a children's cartoon with a ton of adult humor. Now that I have traveled off topic here are some of the lyrics.

The eighth Polish Christmas dish I bring to the party:
Eight poppy seed cakes.
Poppies, poppies, poppies...
I'm feeling rather sleepy. There's no place like home.
Seven pitted prunes,
Six fried hooscheekies,
Five smoked Kielbasas!
Four baked paprikas,
Three simmered gwumpkies,
Two steamed pierogies,
And a boiled potato topped with dillweed.

tmpadmin said:
Me too. I wish I wouldn't be breaking copyright laws if I posted the song but here are some of the lyrics. Veggie Tales (check out larry's Christmas Countdown) are a children's cartoon with a ton of adult humor. Now that I have traveled off topic here are some of the lyrics.

The eighth Polish Christmas dish I bring to the party:
Eight poppy seed cakes.
Poppies, poppies, poppies...
I'm feeling rather sleepy. There's no place like home.
Seven pitted prunes,
Six fried hooscheekies,
Five smoked Kielbasas!
Four baked paprikas,
Three simmered gwumpkies,
Two steamed pierogies,
And a boiled potato topped with dillweed.

buahahahahahahahhaha OMG... that is funny :) especially that when I saw the word "gwumpkies" I had no ide what it is... and when I checked in dictionary... there was no such word :) then I read it loudly and BANG... yeah... all those foods are real... but I have no idea why he counted them in such a way :)

And about 12 Polish Christmas dish is a different story: we have 12 dishes on the Christmas table: fish, cake, beetroot soup...and so on and so on.... and no meat this day :) so what "kielbasa" is doing there in the lyrics?? :) great stuff thanks for sharing :D made me laugh :D

It seems that once the Polish traditions get Americanized things change drastically. Even my friend's family who came from Poland when his father was 18 dropped much of the Wigilia tradition. It is sad when you think about it especially since he went back to Poland for Uni.
My mother still makes me go get the oplatek blessed.

I wake up between 5 and 5:30 daily (except on holidays!) because I start work at 6. This may change soon when I change shops. I usually work until 4 or 6. Then I come home, check my mail eat some food and go to sleep around 10. If I'm lucky one of my friends shows up and we watch a movie and I fall asleep during that instead. The other senario is: Comming home from work, shower, eat, go to job #2 or #3. I'm glad it's going to change next year with school. I've contemplated the idea of drinking coffee. I usually don't care enough to drink it. I'll stick to tea.

Cool shot, Xmetal! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back