I'm getting older...

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
huh.. I noticed something weird is going on around me and with me. 3 years ago, when i was in high school I could easily learn at school, do my homework, practice after school and work till 3 a.m. I was a web page designer for a advertising company... now I'm 3 years older and... I go sleep at 12 at night and then I feel VERY tired. Although I don't work for the company anylonger, nor I have to do homeworks... I just study at the uni and then lern at home... hmpf

Hmm?

When I was in High School I would wake up at 7 be to school at 7:30. Get home by 4 and nap till 6 or 7. Then do whatever till about midnight.

University days much the same but whatever usually ment drinking and midnight could have been noon the next morning.

I am 33 now. I get up at 6am whether I like it or not. No nap all day and back to "bed" (fall asleep on the couch watching TV) between 1 and 3 am. Wake up 2ish hours later, watch about another hour of TV then fall asleep again on the couch. Back up at 6am.

I figure I will get some rest when I die.

I wake up at 6am. by the end of the day i'm bare dragging myself on the floor.

Have 2 coffees daily. that should shape you up real quick. ;)

Two coffees? I have that by 6:30am. Maybe I should lay off the caffeenneee
no, sweet, no. Don't listen to what they say. Cafeine's good for you. Whenever you start feeling tired or blue, flood it with coffee to be happy. Now look into my eyes and repeat: Coffee is good. coffee is good...

I wake up at 6AM, go to school by 8AM (what I need two hours to get ready for I couldn't explain), home by 2:57:34PM ;) (I LOVE driving aka not having to ride the bus), homework until it's done then w/e till about 10 or 11 when i fall asleep watching tv.

Ok I hate to be the boring 'sensible' one... but maybe your diet has changed. Are you getting enough iron in your diet? I know my energy levels are more reliant on what I'm eating rather than how much sleep I get (to a certain extent anyway).

Don't read much into your sleep patterns with regards to age. As you get older you need less and less. It's probably more to do with how you're feeling, what you're eating (like Vicky said), what you've done during the day, etc.

I can't predict what I'll be like when I go to sleep. At times I've not been able to sleep until 2am (that went on for a while) and I'd wake up at 8am or 11am. Sometimes I'll be tired by 9pm. Right now as soon as I wake up I need to go back to bed.

Another odd things I've noticed about myself. if I get three hours sleep I'm great the next day and stay up the whole day. If I get five I can't move. Strange... I'll always wake up around 7-8am as well. No matter what time I go to sleep. Well, unlike today where I I got to sleep at 2am and woke up at 9:30am. And now I'm really relaly tired.

If you're worried at all, go see your doctor.

With any kind of luck you have 60+ years ahead of you. Tired is not an option at this moment in time. You can fight back with water and exercise. Be strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentos, meet Redbull. ;)

red%20bull.jpg

I found now that im getting old...er... I have slowed down a lot, and the eyes are going......gheesh.. I even wear my glasses to bed now, so I can see my dreams better.:confused:

ok I eat the same food for about years... my diet is boring... but quite tasty... :) I don't really care what I eat... I eat all the time ... fruits, meat whatever... I love eating. And i drink 3-4 coffees a day, i hate redbull.
I play less sport than 3 years ago.. ok that's true... and... I spend too much time in front of my PC than 3 years ago... I mean... 3 years ago I didn't know about TPF :) HA! that's the solution :)

Heh, last year I was ALWAYS up at 8am, awake all day at school and work, then up until 5 or 6am, and up again at 8am. In other words, I had chronic insomnia for four months straight. =S But now I'm up at 8 every morning (out of habit), and usually in bed by 10:30. I just found that I have nothing to do anymore, and no reason to stay up late! Plus I kinda like this sleep thing...

Most reactions

Back