I'm impressed with me :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
******RESHOOT POSTED AT BOTTOM OF PAGE 2******

Are these improvement?? mwaha! I had some fun tonight :) Did a little bit of shopping this afternoon after work... and then after my kids were in bed this evening, it was time for mama to play! :) Here's the results :)

I took about 50 pictures, these are the best from each "subject" :)

1. That DARN wine bottle! :) shutter: 1/30, f/5.6, ISO 200, 53mm... I did use auto focus with most of these as I was using a wireless shutter release and was kind of being a little bit lazy ;)
winebottleedit.jpg

2. Here's the flowers again! Same settings as the wine bottle
flowersedited.jpg

3. Flowers and wine glass :) I think this came out a lot better than what I had done before! Same settings again :)
flowersglassedited.jpg

4. My Caleb's fire truck! f/4.5, 1/30, 29mm, ISO 200
firetruckedited.jpg

5. My sister's reading glasses :) Same settings as the first 3 :)
glassesedited.jpg

Last edited:
I posted the pp'd shots... originals looked out of focus and yucky :(

Now I'm going to have to cry if these still look out of focus to you all lol...

We will go over some of this in the group.

Mainly, your shallow depth of field is causing the flowers to be soft almost all over the place. There will be a plane where it is in focus, but most everything else will be soft. Also try and move your subject closer to the edge of the board, leaving as much room as you can to the backboard.

so bring them closer to the camera? Further from the "backdrop"?

Yeah, flower shots are out of focus and majority of the pictures are dark for my taste.

Your last two intrigue me a bit, they almost give off an 'older' photo look.

Yup. If it was a poster board, turn it sideways so it's longer. Another trick is if you put the board on a book so it's off the surface of whatever you have it on, then you can put the backdrop much further back, just keep a level angle. No need to keep the backdrop up and touching.

Are these for the School of bitter?

I agree on the unfocused, almost looks like the paper is in focus more than the subject matter. I think the reflections on the bottle and glass are harsh.

Are these for the School of bitter?

I agree on the unfocused, almost looks like the paper is in focus more than the subject matter. I think the reflections on the bottle and glass are harsh.

Nope, a couple of these were used into my "application" for dom's school :)

I tried to move my lights aroudn to get rid of the glare on the bottle and glass, but it was either really shadowy, or too bright :/ I couldn't get it right anywhere :(

what lights were you using?

Just 2 clamp lights

i did use a tripod...

I don't know why they came out blurry still :(

i did use a tripod...

I don't know why they came out blurry still :(

Try using a remote for the shutter or using a self-timer. When I've tried to take shots with my tripod I always move the damn camera pressing the buttons.

Just an idea.

Everything posted above is what I'd have said too, but I'll add one thing:

I do like the firetruck photo, crop off the bottom where the base ends, a bit tighter on the top, maybe like a 5x7 crop, and you've got a very retro looking photo of a child's toy. It has potential!

IMO, toys are a great subject to photograph because you can tell a story with just simple compositions. I, personally, identify with a firetruck toy because I had one when I was a child. Same would go for an old teddy bear, you know, the one missing an eye and is all dingy looking? Roll with that, :thumbup:

EDIT: Ok so I'm bored waiting for UPS to get here...

Yours vs. PP done in Lightroom
firetruckedited.jpg
firetruck1.jpg

Your avatar says it's ok to edit your stuff, hope you don't mind. I really like this image for some reason lol

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back