I'm Looking for a Point and Shoot Camera, HELP!

The__Malteser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. First post here, hope I find some help.

I will be going abroad 2/3 times this year, and I want to take pictures of my travels. I'm not really a picture person though, so I have no idea where I have to start. I have searched the web for reliable review websites, but I found nothing.

I'm looking for a camera that costs (max) €100. I want it to be able to take good quality photos, at high resolutions. I hate cameras that produce too dark cameras, or photos which have a lack of color. I also want the ability to be able to use an 8GB/16GB memory card, because I know I will be taking a lot of videos. I would also prefer if during a video capture, you can zoom in/out and whilst zooming, it still captures audio.

The most important feature will be the battery life. We have two Sony cameras (which were quite expensive, although now they are old) which can't hold a fully charged battery for more than 10 minutes (they use double AA batteries). I think, it would be better if a camera has its own battery, rather than using AA/AAA batteries.

I know that I am probably a bit too demanding, but give me an idea that will give me the best bang for buck.

I have looked at a few cameras that are available locally (I live in Malta) and one that caught my eye was the Pentax Optio LS465, although the reviews weren't very favorable.

First flight is on Saturday 21st September, which is quite soon. I would prefer coming to a conclusion until the weekend.

Give me anything you can.

Thanks.

Hi
100 Euros isn't going to enable you to get something excitingly good to be honest. I'd pick a make I'd heard of and do some research on the internet to find something you like. There's always a good deal going on somewhere and I wish you good luck in your search.

Hi
100 Euros isn't going to enable you to get something excitingly good to be honest. I'd pick a make I'd heard of and do some research on the internet to find something you like. There's always a good deal going on somewhere and I wish you good luck in your search.

Pretty much covers what I am thinking too.

Good luck

Best advice I can give is check Amazon, Ebay, and various other sources for used gear

Most reactions

New Topics

Back