What's new

I'm New, and I have a question

This may be a completely idiotic suggestion, but I've bought a D90 pretty recently, so if you have any "first impression" questions, or want to set me out on a quest for an epic picture to show you what a beginner can do with a D90, don't hesitate to ask.

Btw, I live in Canada and mine cost about 1350$ (CAN) with an 18-55 mm lens.
 
No. That was just a bonus. I'd still go for the d200. To me it feels better, its built stronger, better weather sealing, easier access to basic controls (for me), 5 fps. Overall I just prefer it. The only thing (IMO) the d90 has going for it is the newer sensor. For some, that might be enough, for me, its not.


Uhhh why not tell him which is a BETTER camera...the CMOS sensor is far better than the CCD on the D200.

Get the D90 if price does not matter.
 
Thanks so much for the help guys, and THANK YOU for the warm welcome!!
 
Uhhh why not tell him which is a BETTER camera...the CMOS sensor is far better than the CCD on the D200.

Get the D90 if price does not matter.
Thats why I said I PREFER the d200, and the d90 does have a better sensor though. XD And Welcome to the forum hellrot :D
 
Hey guys. First I'll introduce myself.

I have been shooting for about a year now with most of my "training" coming from my step-dad who is a photographer here in Utah (Scott Breen). I mainly shoot cars but would like to branch into portraiture as well. On to my question:

Right now, I shoot with a Nikon D70 and I think it's time to upgrade. I'm choosing between a D200 and D90.

Which camera would you buy?
Through Nikon I can get the D90 body only for $730, and I can get the D200 used for about $500. I was mainly looking at the D90 first but the D200 DOES have a faster shutter speed. Anyway, what would give me the best image? Is the D90 processor better?

Thanks all!

Here is some of my "work" just so there's something to look at here.
l1.png


il1.png


b1.png
Hey everyone I am new to the forum and a photographer. If any of you are interested I have a forum that you can join;).
here is the link:
naturephotography91.freeforums.org • Index page

I have been doing photography now for 2 years and I love doing it,
I love your images;-):mrgreen:. I use a canon slr rebel.:mrgreen:
 
Here's some pics I took with my D90 not long ago...

3504976831_6d70beb7de_o.jpg



3505786192_d47f263b7b_o.jpg
 
errrmmm... surprised no one is pointing out how massively different these cameras are from a usage standpoint.

The D200 is far more rugged, has more controls on the body (less futzing with menus to change stuff), etc. The D200 is geared towards more serious folks... pros and serious amateurs. The D90 is geared towards amateurs.

That's not to say you can't do pro work with a D90... you can... but it's seriously a WAY different class of camera than the D200. Hell, it's a different class of camera than my aging D100. :)

Honestly, go to a store and pickup both and shoot a bit with 'em. You'll see what I mean.

Just something to keep in mind.

Both cameras are great.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom