I'm new here! (Pics are included!) CC Please!

ashleyc8705

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! I am new to the forums and thought that I would introduce myself. Here is some of my work. CC is wanted and appreciated! I have been taking pictures for years and I love it!

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03683.jpg

DSC03758.jpg

DSC03677.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

DSC03154-1.jpg

Dolphin1.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03090.jpg

DSC03030.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

SeaworldFront1.jpg

I know this picture is a bit dark...I still need to edit it. But I love how all the penguins in the back are facing the rocks and he is just staring right at me haha!

IMG_0857.jpg

WOW. THat's a lot of pictures. TOo many to critique at one sitting, so I'll do the first few I remember. The flora has nice focusing and composition. The one with the chain link fence isn't oriented vertically, they lean a little. Two things I noticed. One, the color is a little flat to me. They don't pop out at me. Too bright. They look like a lot of photographs I have made over the years that just don't quite cut my mustard. And two, there is a lot of distracting elements in some potentially KILLER shots, such as the pelican (the fence kills it). Make that three. A lot just look snapshotty to me.

But there is definitely some potential I see here. Pay close attention to you background and isolate your subject even futher and learn when to break the rules your camera's light meter lays down for you. Keep at it.

Thanks! What would help to make the color stand out more? I do edit some of my photos, but is there a way to really get better color from the shot itself?

The two pictures with the chain link fence and waterfall shouldn't be in there. Oops!

Welcome to the forums! I am also new here. Holy macro that was a lot of pics! Me being new and not photo savvy yet am not going to critique. Must say the one I like the most is the foggy looking trail, I really like the foggy look. Hope you find the forums as useful as I am. Happy learning :wink:

Welcome to the forum. :)

About the photos, well there are too many as people said, and some are nice but most of them are either over or underexposed or you didn't focused right. Keep practicing. You'll get it right :)

I shoot digital so I am not familiar with what YOU might do to enhance color but if I were shooting, say, fuji velvia color slide film, I would drop exposure from 1/2 to 1 stop. Should work on digital as well, mechanics are generally the same, only the means differ. Try it out.

Hey welcome, thanks for the entertaining shots.. loved the animals. I`m not up to snuff with the BIG GUYS... just learning myself. I really liked the foggy one too. Anyway, welcome, this is a great place and the pros and semi pros will help you bunches.

Most reactions

Back