I'm New Here would love Hellos and C&C!

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have become interested in photography these last couple of years since having children of my own and watching them grow too quickly. I feel like my photos have improved, but I think I've reached a plateau. I need others to help critique my work so I can improve. Please let me know what you think of this picture. Does it suck...because I think it is fun and interesting, but am unsure what others would think. Any input is appreciated. Even if you think it sucks. I can be thick skinned if it means I can improve. Thanks

Ok, obviously I suck since I can't seem to get my image to come over from photobucket. I will keep trying.

Woo Hoo it worked!!

IMG_2503.jpg

a%3E

a%3E

a%3E

a%3E

a%3E

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

adnilklep

adnilklep

Last edited:
I was following it step by step in screens side by side and I still did something wrong. I know, I feel like a moron since it so clearly states what to do. I will keep trying. Thanks for chiming in so soon!

what are you uploading to? If photobucket after you upload copy the "direct link" andeither paste it in between IMG tags
or click this button:
insertimage.gif
and paste the link in there. For flickr after you upload right click on the image and click "copy image location" and than follow the same procedure.

I have both photobucket and flickr, but for some reason it's not working with either. I will try again with your suggestions. Thanks so much for being patient with me. I guess I need an Idiot's guide to the Idiot's guide:wink:

It worked. I was copying the "IMG" code on photobucket instead of the "direct link". Thanks for the advice. It worked perfectly!

ok as for the image its great. viewing it on my phone so i can zoom in really close :p. her face and most of her body are pretty sharp. This shot is great as it shows how crazy children get. many people complain that its hard to photograph kids because they move a lot but you used that to your advantage. great job. Now good night and I'll be back on TPF tommorow evening when I attempt to shoot another basketball game with my teacher.

p.s. sorry for any mistakes since im typing this on my phone and the keys are half my thumb. ok my hands hurt from typing in bed. good night.

thanks for taking the time to write back (and cause finger cramping in the process) :) I appreciate your input. have a good night!

It is a great shot for all the right reasons, but technically;

The combination of the missing & twisted arm/thumb is not ideal. If you could get her eyes it would really add to a shot like this IMO. Just a tiny bit wider would accommodate the rule of 3rds and let the action breathe. Hard to see focal point at this size,.. looks to be just in front of her face,.. towards the elbow?

Back to the good stuff! Great composition and pan shot! Exposure, natural colors,... :thumbup:

Oh and Hi / Welcome

-Shea

Last edited:
First things first:

Hallo --- hallo --- hallo --- hallo --- hallo --- hallo :D

As to the photo (I see only one now and still many red x's but I think we are supposed to see THAT ONE?) - assuming that it was a real quick one where little planning was possible, I think it worked out totally fine, which is why I only want to repeat-quote Ls3D's words:

Back to the good stuff! Great composition and pan shot! Exposure, natural colors,... :thumbup:

Her face stayed in focus and unblurred, and that is what counts in a PANNING of a child's photo! (That alone is rare! The panning! :D)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back