Im not sure and could use some advice

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my friends were over tonight, and they thought it would be interesting if i took some portraits.

These were spontaneous and im not sure if they came out alright.

Looking for some basic C&C and maybe some advice on portraiture.

4410348660_a7e84df1e2.jpg

4409583005_f7f6ea0f5f.jpg

4410348870_7c6b0da380.jpg

4409583199_db64075921_b.jpg

4410349010_bd06585ed5.jpg

4 might be ok if his face was in focus, not his shirt, plus his hair seems to be casting a shadow over the top of his face

I think #1 has the most impact. I think it's really funny. I like the pose, the vest, the small bat, the lean, and the look on his face. I love the color choices as well. Is this one vicnetted, or is it the light on the back drop? I think it is effective here. I think it accents the humor of the tiny bat. A little over exposed though.

I think #4 is hilarious too. In a good way. He seems to me totally making the "I'm a model" face. I don't dig the composition though. The vignetting works for me on this one though.

Tell me you guys weren't having fun.

Last edited:
4 might be ok if his face was in focus, not his shirt, plus his hair seems to be casting a shadow over the top of his face

His face is in focus lol

4410348660_.jpg

I think dude #1 needs that space to fall into. You could clean up the little shadows in post, too.
Dude #2...Zoolander. :lmao:

I think #1 has the most impact. I think it's really funny. I like the pose, the vest, the small bat, the lean, and the look on his face. I love the color choices as well. Is this one vicnetted, or is it the light on the back drop? I think it is effective here. I think it accents the humor of the tiny bat. A little over exposed though.

I think #4 is hilarious too. In a good way. He seems to me totally making the "I'm a model" face. I don't dig the composition though. The vignetting works for me on this one though.

Tell me you guys weren't having fun.

haha, yeah we were, lots of fun, and its a bit vignetted

His face is in focus lol

I guess I meant, his eyes are not in focus, and I think the main focus is on his shirt.

His face is in focus lol

I guess I meant, his eyes are not in focus, and I think the main focus is on his shirt.

yeah i set it on a high aperture so i could get them in focus but im not sure what went wrong there, any suggestions

Eh, too much work to comment on with no numbers near the photos. I like the B&W one.

What do you like about the black and white one?

my take on bitter's edit

4410566212_bb40075b0e.jpg

I like the ragged edge edit too. I would straighten out the guy with the mini-bat who is leaning, then crop out the extra space.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back