I'm not sure if this is too cheeky but

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and being nasty and arrogant again (save for a couple non-hostile comments). The OP made a completely innocent request, and all of you who are berating him should be ashamed of yourselves. It's really pitiful to watch people treat each other this way. Hiding behind a computer screen to take out your anger and bitterness on other people is pathetic.
How much do you hate your life to come home, get on the internet, and throw out snarky, mean sprited digs at complete strangers? If you felt like it would simply not be worth your time to add some text to an image for him, then it would be easier to simply move on to another thread. But this is something more- you actually take the time to demean and insult his photo, advise him that he is the one being rude by even asking a question, then post mocking images to further demean and insult him.
You all know D*mn well he wasn't posting here looking for a handout, or trying to be rude by asking for something for free. And I don't believe you were even offended by his request- you just saw it as yet another opportunity to call someone out, make yourselves feel better by putting someone's work down, and flaunt your ability to be the meanest, most sarcastic sons of b*tches on the internet. Congratulations.
I've gotten some good advice on this forum but I'm sick of wading through other people's anger and bulls*it to find answers. Will not be hanging around here very much anymore.

This is our method of filtering out new members. If they pass the test, they'll become a part of the community. If not, they'll get butt hurt and leave. That simple. It's actually quite effective.

So. I think that they never did land on the moon. What do you all think?

On NO! You're Busted!

I didn't take that. (awkward)
Then you have likely commited copyright infringement, and have almost certainly violated TPF forum rules/regs, unless you have a valid use license for the usage of the photo. Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum FAQ

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

It seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and being nasty and arrogant again (save for a couple non-hostile comments). The OP made a completely innocent request, and all of you who are berating him should be ashamed of yourselves. It's really pitiful to watch people treat each other this way. Hiding behind a computer screen to take out your anger and bitterness on other people is pathetic.
How much do you hate your life to come home, get on the internet, and throw out snarky, mean sprited digs at complete strangers? If you felt like it would simply not be worth your time to add some text to an image for him, then it would be easier to simply move on to another thread. But this is something more- you actually take the time to demean and insult his photo, advise him that he is the one being rude by even asking a question, then post mocking images to further demean and insult him.
You all know D*mn well he wasn't posting here looking for a handout, or trying to be rude by asking for something for free. And I don't believe you were even offended by his request- you just saw it as yet another opportunity to call someone out, make yourselves feel better by putting someone's work down, and flaunt your ability to be the meanest, most sarcastic sons of b*tches on the internet. Congratulations.
I've gotten some good advice on this forum but I'm sick of wading through other people's anger and bulls*it to find answers. Will not be hanging around here very much anymore.

Cheers man, but none of these comments have put me down because... these people call themselves photographers, yet they only look at the technical aspects of my photo and because of their narrow mindedness they see a photo that isn't the norm and automatically think it sucks and was shot on a phone or something. Photography is an art and its how you (or I atleast) express myself. Keep your unoriginal pictures of your friends kid or some other guys Bentley, i'd rather be different.

[/QUOTE]

Cheers man, but none of these comments have put me down because... these people call themselves photographers, yet they only look at the technical aspects of my photo and because of their narrow mindedness they see a photo that isn't the norm and automatically think it sucks and was shot on a phone or something. Photography is an art and its how you (or I atleast) express myself. Keep your unoriginal pictures of your friends kid or some other guys Bentley, i'd rather be different.[/QUOTE]

might i point out " these people call themselves photographers, yet they only look at the technical aspects of my photo and because of their narrow mindedness they see a photo that isn't the norm and automatically think it sucks"

and you wonder why were being rude. Saying things like that on a photo forum?

Edit: Ignore the fact I cant quote properly. :)

I have to agree. Although I do understand the little "Fraternity initiation" bull****. It's honestly quite amazing to see that so many people stick around here. I have no issue in getting flamed over the internet, but honestly, its quite pathetic that grown men and women have nothing better to do then sit around trash talking others. I was raised with thick skin. He asked for a watermark, not advice on his photo. It's pretty irrelevant whether it was a picture taken in the 60's, or a cell phone picture taken today. If I go to the doctor with cancer and am seeking medical attention, I don't expect him to laugh at mole on my shoulder and make fun of me saying "oh its just what we do around here, kind of an initiation process". While I agree that the photo is not one I would stick my name on, I would still imagine that the guy could get a little help without being haggled to death.

Photography is subjective. What appeals to me may not appeal to you. But I'm done here, hope many of y'all feel good knowing that you're nothing more then a belligerent ass. Cheers

I would normally agree with you, but in this case I just find it odd someone comes to a forum to ask others to be creative for him. If it were for school work I would totally agree with it because you're using the tools you have to do the best job you can. But when it's to create an image to display photography, I mean if an artist came in to an art lecture and said "hey guys I'm starting an art gallery could you all paint some pictures for me I'm looking for the main display to put my image on?" It definitely is an odd request. He's asking to process the photo to display as his own, it just came off as odd and it was obvious what was going to be the common response.

And how is it that they got the flag to stand up like that. We truly have no photographic evidence that we ever went there. Pretty soon the Chinese will go to the moon and wonder where that flag is and why there aren't any footprints. America will look pretty darn silly.

It was a Rolls Royce actually. And I drive it.

So what is the rolls royce experience like? are they worth the investment?

I made a photography page on facebook (bla bla i know its a sucky thing to do) but i was getting too many albums and stuff on my page. Anyway i need a cool logo picture for the profile pic. I was wondering if anyone good at editing could do something with this picture i took so it says C-H Photography or Cameron Harrison photography on it and make it look more professional?

Would reaaaaaaaaaly appreciate it

I added a color coordinated, stylized attempt to make a "cool logo", as requested. I made no comments on the artistic or technical merits of the photograph, and made no other edits to make the photograph look more professional, which apparently was also requested. However, the image has technical issues (bit-depth, and 'noise') that preclude making it look more 'professional'. I posted the logo edit I made back on page 3.

The OP has not acknowledged my efforts, so I guess "Would reaaaaaaaaaly appreciate it' had unannounced qualifications attached.

HEY. We're talking about Rolls Royces and the moon landing now. Stay on topic.

I have no axe to grind, but if anyone puts an image on any part of this forum they are going to make comments about it. It's normal. I think the reaction is largely because the OP was asking people to do the logo for him/her. If the OP had created one for him/herself, and asked for guidance I suspect that many people would have helped and given examples.

On the grain issue, grain exists only on film. In outputs from digital sensors, it's noise, no matter how you dress it up. You can use LR3 and CS5 to make it look like film grain, but it's still noise. Just my opinion....

In short terms, OP you were not sure if your request was too cheeky. I'm pretty sure that the answer is a resounding

YES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back