I'm rejecting it.

Wayfarer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well. I was at work, and went to take the garbage out and there she was. Hanging low in the sky, deep orange red. I dart inside, and call up my girlfriend and beg her to run down and bring the camera with her. God shes great...though not punctual in the least...

I have been trying for a bit to get a decent shot of the moon, and think I finally got one. Any knowledge you could bestow on humble ol'me would be infinitely appreciative.

ehhhhh
u say deep orange red
i dont see that
if u wanted to achieve that
ISO-100-200
Shutter Speed- 1 second
F-Stop-lowest you can go
and a tripod if u have it

I also don't see the deep orange red.

What is that line across the moon? That is very distracting and kills the image IMO.

I would give it another try...with a tripod and different settings as the other poster said.

The line makes it look like a walnut or something.

Do a search on moon shots on the forum and you may find the proper settings for the next time. Of course, a long tele will help.

eb7d2c4c.jpg

thats what i got with the settings i listed

i was also using 70-200 2.8 for this picture

That's a great shot. Just curious though, why did you shoot f/2.8?

so i can open the shutter a lil more...
i wanted to get the most red orange color i can get
and to get a decent amount of DOF didn't want Jupiter to visible, ya know? lol

so i can open the shutter a lil more...
i wanted to get the most red orange color i can get
and to get a decent amount of DOF didn't want Jupiter to visible, ya know? lol

hmmm, guess I don't understand.

You would be able to open the shutter longer with a smaller aperture such as f/8 or f/11, and I think the moon would be sharper.

Heh. Damn do I feel dumb. First post i make and I goof up heh.. Sorry, when I pasted the thumbnail, I apparently had the other paragraph selected. At least thats what I can make of it not being there. In my renegade paragraph, I mentioned that it took about half hour from my camera to be delivered to me, so the moon had assumed her normal color once again.

Anyway, my question was about the settings and techniques used for lunar photography. Though I see ZackHughs leapt at that

ehhhhh
u say deep orange red
i dont see that
if u wanted to achieve that
ISO-100-200
Shutter Speed- 1 second
F-Stop-lowest you can go
and a tripod if u have it

I have used the ISO 100 but never that brief of a shutter speed, usually have a second or second and a half tacked on to that. As for the tripod, heh, not yet.

I also don't see the deep orange red.

What is that line across the moon? That is very distracting and kills the image IMO.

I would give it another try...with a tripod and different settings as the other poster said.

The line makes it look like a walnut or something.

Do a search on moon shots on the forum and you may find the proper settings for the next time. Of course, a long tele will help.

What line. I see no line? No line that wasn't there in the four prior shots I had to take to get a single bloody decent one, which is my first half way ok attempt at a moon shot! :banghead:

Anyway, thank you all!

What line. I see no line? No line that wasn't there in the four prior shots I had to take to get a single bloody decent one, which is my first half way ok attempt at a moon shot! :banghead:

Anyway, thank you all!
Perhaps "line" was the wrong descriptive. I just thought it sounded better than crack. :lol:

Most reactions

Back