Image transfers from negatives

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I used Polaroid Pro-100 4x5 sheet film for these. I knew it would give a golden tone and thought using film strips in the Daylab would be freaky. ;) I thought these negatives would work ok, since the trees stand out well against the sky. Gave a 30-second pull instead of the usual 10-12, to allow for a little more ink migration off the neg. Then reworked a little with pastels to brighten some areas.

Just playing, really. :) What do you guys think?

TreenegIT.jpg

treesnegativeIT.jpg

TreenegIT2.jpg

Don't talk that way! :spank: Your stuff always comes out good!

And thanks, btw.... :mrgreen: It was fun, cause it was a little different.

Wow, that is definitely different! Love the colors and tones of the images...

One of these days you are going to have to make it to a TPF trip and show us all how to do this stuff! :)

These are really great, Terri! I love the colors. I'm sure Hobbes will be in here in a minute drooling because you used with word Daylab :mrgreen:

:twisted:
Sorry I'm late. :D I love these!!!! Pictures like this are the reason I got into messing with polaroids. I think they truly show "art" and photography blended into one form.

Thanks guys! It is fun to start out with a negative and end up with something that looks a bit surreal.

Gee Hobbes, did I forget to mention along the way that you can use film strips in the Daylab, too??? Just think of it....all those possibilities... :twisted:

I'll get to you yet, my pretty!! ;)

Karalee said:
Awesome Terri, my fiance hates you for all the cool stuff you make me want to do but I lurve ya :hug::

These are really cool!
Oh...! He hates me...I'm a bad influence :cry:

I'm not sure, but I think that's a good thing! ;) Glad you like them, bay-bay!! :hug::

PS Remind him that it could be worse - I COULD live across the street!! :lol:

Man, that would be awesome living across the street from Terri! :mrgreen: Terri, teach me, terri, teach me! Terri, can I borrow your daylab?? :mrgreen:

Those are gorgeous, Terri!

Wow, :hail: I love them all. My first through was that they remind of a king’s cress.
:idea: The White Tree LOTR

oriecat said:
Man, that would be awesome living across the street from Terri! :mrgreen: Terri, teach me, terri, teach me! Terri, can I borrow your daylab?? :mrgreen:

Those are gorgeous, Terri!

I'd let you borrow it anytime, sweetie :hug:: BUT - I am pretty sure I've read that you can put a negative in the Vivitar, too. The downside is that it has to be cut up; it won't hold a strip. But it's doable if you wanted to experiment with 669 - just cut out all your color filtration, maybe add slight magenta + yellow to cancel out the infamous cyan cast from 669. I'm not sure how Vivitars work in that regard, but it might be fun to try. :)

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys. I never know how my little experiments will go over, and it tickles me to know you like it! :)

Most reactions

Back