Importing a lens from Hong Kong?

ashleysmithd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ashleysmithd.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I can't see eBay from work, but I know of a great many people who have had problems with offshore purchases through eBay and other 'sites. If the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

While looking at the seller, He/She/it is a power seller with 21639 feedback left and a total good feedback being 99.2% and in the last 12 months 7 people have been dissatisfied. Now, I'm not saying to buy it but the seller looks legit and like a reputable company. As for the other questions I'm not sure, I bet that they don't change the mounts for a country.

Hi.

I really want the Canon 17-55 2.8 lens (who doesn't) and I found a good price with an international warranty card on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Canon-EF-...kparms=72:988|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

What I wanted to know was, has anyone had equipment imported from Hong Kong, did you experience any problems? Should I really do this?

Cheers.
Dan.

Are you aware that on top of the price on eBay you will have to pay shipping, VAT and import tax? After all that I wonder if it is still much cheaper than a lens bought in the UK.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back