What's new

Impressionistic Flowers

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one is not slow shutter speed ;)
I seem to be drawn to orange as of late, good thing fall is gearing up around here!

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look.


EDIT:
Picture replaced with edit as Tirediron suggested.


 
Last edited:
I likey! In fact, I like it a lot, but I think I would like it even better if you cropped just a sliver off of the bottom to remove the small black area, lower LH corner, and enough off of the LH side to remove the solid green (leaf?) area about 2/3 of the way up the side Those two areas just seem to impinge on the rather diaphanous tone of the rest of the image.
 
Thanks John, I think I got tunnel vision on this one trying to maintain the top left corner for some reason, you are 100% spot on and I replaced the OP with the edit :)
 
Thank you sir ;)
 
Very nice! :) :thumbup:
 
I'll go a step further than John (perhaps too far) and suggest cropping the whole left side to leave only the two flowers on the right. The original just feels to me like it has too much background and not enough of the flowers. This also gives you a stronger diagonal line. A different take on it entirely, I know, but thought I'd toss it out there.
 
Thanks Carol and Ken :)

Ken, that's a good suggestion, I did consider that crop and may try it as an option, I just hate losing so much of the initial frame, I'm trying really hard to avoid bigger crops like that but when doing shots like this where serendipity plays a role it is hit and miss for sure.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom