Impromptu strobist car photoshoot

daggah

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was driving home after doing a photoshoot with a squadron coworker, and this local Japanese tire shop has had a Subaru BRZ out on display for the last week that I've been wanting to shoot. I figured that since I had my lights and camera stuff with me, I'd stop by and see if I could get some pictures.

The guy at the counter spoke english, and after I assured him of which car I wanted to take pictures of (he thought I wanted to take pictures of a customer's Mazda, which wasn't OK...nice car though!) he asked me to wait a little bit and then he'd move the car in front of the store for me. Set up my lights while I waited, and did a really quick (no more than 5 minute) shoot!

Here's the result:

Fujitsubo BRZ in Fussa
by davidgevert, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

It's my second try at taking a strobist approach to a car. I placed flashes pointed at the rear, rear driver's quarterpanel, and front driver's fender, and shot on a tripod with the ambient light exposed by about a stop.

i like it a lot. not knowing much about the strobist approach to lighting i cannot speak on a technical level, but the image looks great

Really nice. Any way you can remove the bright spot on the j?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad at all given the circumstances. I see a few strobe flares, and a quick leveling wouldn't go amiss, but aside from that, good image.

Most reactions

Back