Improvment

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any tips or suggestions on how I can make this image look better?

Lacie.jpg

the main problem for me, is that the face is in shadow while the ear and hair are in the light. Would have been better to rearange the pose for that, but if your model is stubborn or if it's just a snapshot then you did the best you could.

Do you know the rule of thirds?

I would have moved in and cropped out the area behind her head and let the flowers fill the 2/3 of the right side of the image.

Keep it up!

Heh,e someone else mentioned the Rule[law/suggestion] Of Thirds aswell upon commenting this. (on...myspace) I regret not follow that rule. =( I will for my next portrait shots though. Hmm.. I just got inspired.

One thing you might want to try is pulling her farther away from the flowers, and I don't know what camera you have, but with a smaller DOF they will fall out of focus.

Most people hate shooting in full daylight, but the best method around that is to bring a white board. Yup, a white foam board you can pick up at a Staples or Michaels for all of $3. Have them hold it a little ways out from their waist pointed until you get some nice sunlight on their face - meter to properly expose their face, and you have gorgeous backlighting.

One other thing to watch out for is to amke sure that either her both eyes are entirely visible or only one. In most (yet not all) cases it is more appealing.

Peanuts said:
One thing you might want to try is pulling her farther away from the flowers, and I don't know what camera you have, but with a smaller DOF they will fall out of focus.

Most people hate shooting in full daylight, but the best method around that is to bring a white board. Yup, a white foam board you can pick up at a Staples or Michaels for all of $3. Have them hold it a little ways out from their waist pointed until you get some nice sunlight on their face - meter to properly expose their face, and you have gorgeous backlighting.I'll check that out, thanks for the advice. =)

One other thing to watch out for is to amke sure that either her both eyes are entirely visible or only one. In most (yet not all) cases it is more appealing. That's a rule right?

Most reactions

Back