The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going back through my pictures to cull out the many useless ones and came across this forgotten pic taken a few years ago.
I think I'll have this printed big-ish for my wall.

upload_2019-5-30_23-17-59.png

Very impressive. Love the light and the atmosphere you have created.

I was going back through my pictures to cull out the many useless ones and came across this forgotten pic taken a few years ago.
I think I'll have this printed big-ish for my wall.

View attachment 173969

Do you remember the city this was taken in?

A friend and I spent 3 weeks in Myanmar in November of 2014 and had an amazing time. I've posted some pictures I took in Bagan in a different thread.

Does not look a very nice place...?

The third world can be unsettling at times.
Everyone we met was wonderful, friendly, and curious.

Fairly certain it was taken in or near Mawlamyine on an early morning trip to Thanbyuzayat War Cemetary , a Commonwealth Graves Commission cemetery for the dead of WWII. The dead are mostly British or colonials with a few Yanks tossed in.

upload_2019-5-31_6-46-55.png

This area is known for its old trucks with home made wooden bodies and the abundance of rubber plantations
upload_2019-5-31_6-45-46.png

upload_2019-5-31_6-48-36.png

upload_2019-5-31_6-49-44.png

I love this photo. It captures the quietness of the moment, the beautiful light, and the journey of a man away from us to a place in the distance that we can only wonder about. The black and white, high contrast treatment works well in removing unnecessary detail that would take away from the simplicity and abstraction of this moment. Thanks for sharing!

That photo is so emotional on so many levels!
You really hit the mark on this one! Great job!

Actually, I think that I saw mostly Australian and Kiwi military orgs there.
I went to a meeting in Budapest with the British Association of Forensic Odontology, a great many of whom were Aussies and Kiwis. Their motto seemed to be, 'Beer.it's not just for breakfast.'

Lew, it's lovely. It absolutely has an atmosphere to the picture. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back