In camera, or post edit?

Ant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My digital camera has the ability to alter the levels of saturation, sharpness and contrast. Is there any benefit from using these settings in-camera, or will I get the same results if I just alter these with photo editing software on my PC?

It can also shoot in Black & White. Is there any point in using B&W mode when I can just desaturate in photo editing?.....I know that this won't give the same effect as genuine B&W film I'd just like to know if there's any point messing about with these camera settings when it seems that I can achieve the exact same thing in photostudio.

If you do post editing then I would suggest doing it on your PC. Try to calibrate the monitor on the PC and then go wild or go short. Errr or something catchy.

So if I'm doing post editing on my PC then the in camera settings aren't really any use at all?

Unless you don't have access to post editing on a PC, I wouldn't bother using those settings on the camera... you have a lot more control (and can fix mistakes) in post than you do with the settings on your camera...

thebassman said:
Unless you don't have access to post editing on a PC, I wouldn't bother using those settings on the camera... you have a lot more control (and can fix mistakes) in post than you do with the settings on your camera...

That's what I suspected, just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back