In Search of Nikon D750 thanks!

No worries at all. One of the best cameras on the market, 3+ years and counting. Even if you have a problem with a used copy, Nikon will fix it. But buy wisely, with confidence.
You don't think it would be worth spending extra few hundred on the D810? I've been doing lots of research comparing the two and I'm still not sure!

That's a personal judgement call on the pixels and file size. You can't go wrong with either. I will tell you that I compared the two when they were both new. I chose the D750 for a variety of reasons, and practically speaking, I've been over the moon ecstatic with the D750, recalls and all. If I was printing huge, I'd have gone with the D810, but even up to good size, I'm happy with the D750 files.

For a straight up technical comparison, visit: Camera Decision - Compare Digital Cameras. It won't tell you which camera to buy, but it will show the differences, You still have to choose, but at least you can do so with more information.

Disclaimer - I'm looking at a D750 as well.

If you are currently looking for a D750, buy it now from an authorized retailer such as Cameta Camera, Adorama or B&H. For example Nikon D750 DSLR Camera 1543, Nikon D750 Body B&H Photo Video
Make sure you get the free grip also and the free accessory kit. Most of which is junk, but the memory card is good and an extra battery as well (even though it's 3rd party)

Also keep an eye on eBay from the same sellers as there has been some eBay bucks offers where you would get $100 back as well. But make sure it is an authorized seller... For example Nikon D750 DSLR Body Only Camera Includes Nikon MB-D16 Grip + Accessory Kit | eBay

Google "Nikon Authorized Dealer" and you will find a list on Nikon website of authorized dealers. Do not buy grey market.. you may save a little money, but Nikon US will not repair the camera

There is no reason to be worried about recalls. That was for older serial numbers and if you get one in the serial number range you send it to Nikon.. No big deal.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just took advantage of the B&H deal. Totally worth it.

I too debated for quite awhile about what camera body I should get. I've been shooting a D7000 for years. I rented the D750 and D810. The D810 is an amazing camera but ultimately I recognized the D750 would be more suitable for me. The D850 was initially on my wish list but the price tag was too much to justify. The B&H deal was too good to pass up and would leave me money to invest in quality FX glass and some cool workshops to hone my skills.

It's hard to imagine another camera or even an updated version of the D750 would be better for me at my current skill set.

Rumor has it that the next version (D760?) is coming out later this year. Another thing to consider is the warranty does not transfer, it is only good to the original purchaser. Refurbished gear from gets a warranty and as mentioned above can save $$.

Sent from my iPad using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

Back