inaugural horse

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was late getting to this event and missed the "important" stuff. here's another high key shot:

14612738-L.jpg

Yay! I actually thought about you on Thursday and wondered if you would have a chance to get any pictures from the inauguration.

As always, I love your work.

...wow..... you are an amazing photographer, out of curiousity how long have you been doing this?

Great shot, I really like the tone and the tight crop on this one!

scotlynnd said:
...wow..... you are an amazing photographer, out of curiousity how long have you been doing this?

thank you! 25+ years - but only digitally recently.

Hey how did i miss this one. Outstanding pic JonMikal.

Was everybody allowed to attend speeches and stuff, or did you have to get a special press pass or go through a security check or something? I heard there was a fence that people weren't allowed past, but it looked like there were people in attendance (in newspaper photographs)... so I was curious.

walter23 said:
Was everybody allowed to attend speeches and stuff, or did you have to get a special press pass or go through a security check or something? I heard there was a fence that people weren't allowed past, but it looked like there were people in attendance (in newspaper photographs)... so I was curious.

you needed a ticket to attend the speech; otherwise, if you were able to get through the security gates you could view the parade at a distance. to get closer required a pass.

Enchanting.... just love it.

JonMikal said:
you needed a ticket to attend the speech; otherwise, if you were able to get through the security gates you could view the parade at a distance. to get closer required a pass.

Okay, I wasn't sure. I'd heard that people were really angry about the restricted access to this event, but I hadn't seen that in any of the media and I couldn't imagine how press could ignore hordes of angry people being arrested and peppersprayed and teargassed and that kind of thing. Makes sense if only select people were allowed in though.

Most reactions

Back