India Trip

s_marolf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to be traveling to India in April for work and a plan a side trip to see the Taj Mahal. I'm trying to figure out what gear to take or if I need to invest in a new lens.

Below is what I have for now. I use the 70-200mm most often but its heavy to carry. Thoughts?

Nikon D610
Nikkor AF-S 50 mm 1.8G
Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm 2.8G VR1
Nikkor AF 28-80mm 3.3-5.6G
Yongnuo 35mm f\2
SB-700 Speedlight

Last edited:
Body, 70-200 and 28-80 & speedlight. If you were going to purchase a new lens the 24-70 would be a good choice. Something else I would strongly recommend is a GOOD polarizing filter. If you're finding the 70-200 heavy, hit the gym more before you go. Having spent some time over there photographing, l would say that leaving it would be a BIG mistake.

This is a Google search for Taj Mahal photos:
taj mahal photos - Google Search

Many of the better shots IMO look around 80-200. Generalising, the longer-than-200 ones are a bit boring, the wide angles not so great either. A normal and medium telephoto look to be the lenses to have. And the time of day: the midday shots, the light's flat and boring.

Looks like I need to hit the gym and work on getting out of bed early! I've been looking at getting a 24-70 but not sure it's in the budget before the trip so I'll probably go with what I have

Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back