What's new

India's Rest

Over Exposed

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
34
Location
Asheville, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this one Sunday when I took the Max Patch sunset photo I posted earlier. This is about 30 minutes before sunset on the other side of Max Patch bald looking back southeast. I had sat down to change lenses and India (the dog) sat down to relax a bit as well.

5529123599_b0fac3c1d9_b.jpg
 
Beautiful shot, almost looks HDR. Only nit: needs the rule of thirds applied.
 
the colors are very rich, smooth and creamy...I like the shot!
 
Beautiful composition and colors. I would have not put the dog in the middle though it would work much better if the subject was off to the right giving a cleaner look of the landscape.
 
Wow, its a breath taking place. Nice portrait dude.
 
the pose of Dog facing light made this very interesting. Ironically India meaning Bharat, in Sanskrit means one having intercourse with light, The Wisdom.
Placing the dog at the center of the frame is a bit unfavorable.
 
What is it that makes this photo look like it were an HDR? For it sure does look like one! Sharpening tool?
(No need to repeat the "centred subject"-thing, it's been said).
 
What is it that makes this photo look like it were an HDR?

It is HDR. 7 exposures.

Thanks for all of the great comments and C&C. It's been very helpful so far!

As for my mentality behind it all in the moment, the centered subject thing is due to two factors. Firstly, I honestly didn't realize at the time this shot had the potential that it did. Secondly, for her to look in the direction of the setting sun, she had to look right. While the rest of the composition would have been great with her off to the right I thought it would look weird to have her in the right of the frame looking immediately out of frame. The only other pose she would strike was to curl her head back left (her right) and tuck it back into her body, and the light was undesirable. If she had been framed to the left looking back right into the light the foreground would have over dominated the composition due to the angle. Had my foresight been better, I would have taken the time to move my position to create a stronger composition. Lesson learned there.:blushing:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom