Indoor function photography

ketan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I am a photography hobbyist (not a professional). Of all types of photos i.e. landscape, fireworks, macro etc where I consistently Fail is indoor photography at some function. With 6D, 24-105 f/4 combination with 430 Ex flash I am not able to get photo as sharp as it should be.

Whenever I have hired external photographer to handle some functions at home (where I can not do photography) I have seen that their photo come out very well, may be due to their professional experience. Especially with very even lighting, sharpness and details and very minimal noise (may be as invariably they come with Nikon).

What is the best way to 'learn' this aspect of photography or improve my photography skills in this area.

Thanks

The most I've learned in photography I've learned on this forum. I would suggest posting examples of the photos that you are not happy with and asking for constructive criticism. Other internet resources are also very helpful, like the stobist blog-http://strobist.blogspot.de/.

post examples.

You said it yourself - 'professional experience' is what makes the difference. There are a lot of ways you could learn to develop skills to that level such as taking classes. It will take time and a lot of practice.

This is the start of improving your indoor photography. And that's asking for advice or being steered towards some instruction or tutorials. It could be as simple as your focus mode or the aperture your using. Or maybe a bad piece of equipment. Or somewhere in between. Lots of experience on here. As suggested post up a photo and try to be detailed about the situation. Don't post too many. Best to start with one or two at a time.

Post pics with full exif data and what camera and lens you shot.

Is the focus assist turned on, on the flash?

Examples, please.

There is a good chance that the professional has a full frame camera that can allow the ISO to get much larger with less noise, if you have a cropped frame. However experience is a big aspect too. With experience you know how to hold the camera steadier, how to brace your body or the camera for less shake, how to get the lighting around you to work for you, etc etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back