Indoor gymnastics!! Rrrrrrr!!!

I personally feel that indoor sports photos, especially at "kid" age meets, are one of the most difficult things to photograph well. You are really fighting an uphill battle there. I took my camera to a collegiate gymnastic meet over the weekend, and there were amazing scenes to be photographed but I don't think I stood a chance from the stands.

Talk to the coach and volunteer to shoot pix for him and the team.
Note that this is a serious commitment.
If you are lucky, that may get you access to shoot from the floor.
And you may have to ignore your child, to concentrate on the priority events/gymnasts.
You likely will have to prove, with a portfolio, that you can shoot decent gymnastic pix.

I personally feel that indoor sports photos, especially at "kid" age meets, are one of the most difficult things to photograph well. You are really fighting an uphill battle there. I took my camera to a collegiate gymnastic meet over the weekend, and there were amazing scenes to be photographed but I don't think I stood a chance from the stands.

Having said that, I think you did pretty good on that second set of pictures. The ones on the rings are pretty darn good. I guess I missed it along the line, but what lens(es) are you using and what are you doing for postprocessing? Shooting in RAW??

That coach with the white Mohawk....man that is awesome. Like maybe the best hair I've seen. EVER!

Lol coach Jay!!!! Yes he is the coolest and NICEST COACH imaginable!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a bunch at this last weekends meet —— lighting, and seating was frightening! Really was tough, sun coming in on parallel bars... and dark as heck on other side. I still have so much noise in these. Really wish I could get that solved. Any how.... shoot me some more critique, other than composition because there was no good viewing points lol!!!!
IMG_7464.JPG
IMG_7463.JPG
IMG_7468.JPG
IMG_7467.JPG
IMG_7466.JPG
IMG_7465.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good.

Don't worry about the noise.
I tell people, to crank up the ISO as high as you need to, to get the picture.
Noise is better than getting no/blurry picture, because your ISO is set too low.
Like many things in life, this is a trade-off.

Most reactions

Back