Indoor Lacrosse Shoot

gsxturbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tomorrow, I'm going to a lacrosse game to play around with indoor sports.
I've read a bunch of posts already but 80% or more have been people without adequate cameras/glass.

I have a D7000
Nikon 24-70 2.8
Nikon 70-200 2.8
Nikon 35mm 1.8

So my questions are these...

1. Is it even worth bringing my SB-700 unless I'm shooting a still shot, maybe a team photo, etc..

2. Having the 7000 is a higher ISO like 1600 sound about right?

3. What kind of shutter speed is recommended?

4. Is it better just to set a custom WB or should I just play around with the presets?

5. Should I be shooting in fully manual or should I being shooting in S, A, P.

6. Should I be using a single point of focus or 9, etc...

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Bring the '700 - I wouldn't expect to use it for field shots, but you never know and better safe than sorry! It's hard to guess-timate the ISO without knowing the venue, but I'm sure you'll need to be at 1600, or even 3200 or higher. Leave your WB in Auto, shoot RAW,and fine-tune in post. Nikon's Auto WB does a pretty good job, so you'll be in the ball-park right off.

I would shoot shutter-priority, with the shutter set to the lowest usable speed you can use (I would guess 1/200 at a minimum). I would use spot-metering and single-point AF.

tirediron said:
Bring the '700 - I wouldn't expect to use it for field shots, but you never know and better safe than sorry! It's hard to guess-timate the ISO without knowing the venue, but I'm sure you'll need to be at 1600, or even 3200 or higher. Leave your WB in Auto, shoot RAW,and fine-tune in post. Nikon's Auto WB does a pretty good job, so you'll be in the ball-park right off.

I would shoot shutter-priority, with the shutter set to the lowest usable speed you can use (I would guess 1/200 at a minimum). I would use spot-metering and single-point AF.

Awesome thanks for the suggestions!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back