What's new

Industrial Decay

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
Glendale, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple weeks ago I went on another trip in the Pier area. I found some old workshop with lot's of cool stuff around to take pictures.

For more of pictures of the same set, please visit my flickr page here.

I hope you like them, and please let me know what you think.

1.
424981328_b40122a533_o.jpg


2.
420805632_d343730f75_o.jpg


3.
419778761_76ce4e1106_o.jpg
 
Nice technics! I like it, especially number 1!
The idea in picture 2 and 3 is very creative.
Good job...
 
simply...WOW..

I love abandoned buildings! If you don't mind my asking, how did you get that grimy look in the last one? Or is that natural?
 
Thanks a lot for all your nice comments.

Olympus8MP: They are all 3 picture HDR shots, stiched together in Photomatix. I really like starting to work on pictures this way, since it gives me great detail in all the parts.
Personally, I don't like a picture coming straight out of Photomatix, since most of the time it's pretty much just grey in grey. So I usually take my pictures into Photoshop and start palying around.
For the 3rd one I bumped up the contrast, desaturated parts and really cranked contrast above the top right corner of the switch to bring out the cracks more. I wanted this area to be the focal point and therefore muted other parts of the image down a little... I also try to make the whole effect not to obvious....

Anyway, I'm glad you like it.
 
3 are very nice
but my fav is the last one, so simple, so geometric and so poetic, I like this

mat
 
The last one's stand out for me. Nice job on all 3.
 
I will also agree. Those are some great images but that last one is really something. The way that the texture on the wall is juxtaposed with the linear switch plate creates a great contrast. Good on on these!
 
i like the first one a lot, how do you do your HDR? 1 RAW or 3+ originals? I have yet to get something as breathtaking as this
 
Thanks again for all your feedback

shorty6049: For this picture I used 3 photos. (Normal exposure, -2 stops, +2 stops) Merged them in Photomatix and worked on it some more in Photoshop. Here is a more detailed description of the process. (Please click HERE to see a bigger version)



Anyway, I hope this helps. If anybody has tips on how to improve my work method please let me know, I would love to hear about it.

thanks
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom