What's new

Industry

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Branching out a bit.

Please view it on a dark background by going here and clicking on the photo.

p1387923096-4.jpg
 
Nice tonal range, and good contrast.
Works well for me, possibly a small crop from the bottom to lose the black corner, but not really needed.
 
What I really like about this composition, is the clouds/steam aren't out of frame.

Very good framing.
 
Wonderful shot on a mundane subject! Excellent control of tonal range.. very nice!
 
The steam/smoke is pretty awesome.
 
I really like this one. I love how the smokestack, the smallest visible part of the plant, "dominates" the whole place with that steam.
Nice!
 
The steam/smoke is pretty awesome.
In all honestly, this photo is all about the smoke/steam. This is the manufacturing plant of Morris Industries (farm-equipment company) that's about 150 miles from here. I drive by a couple times a year, and there's always this amazing column of white smoke or steam that makes the view beautiful (assuming it's PC to say "beautiful" about industry). The plant is at the edge of this valley town of 2,500, and the smoke/steam totally steals the valley view. Only a couple days ago did I have a chance to shoot it for the first time.

I love how the smokestack, the smallest visible part of the plant, "dominates" the whole place with that steam.
I'm glad someone noticed it :)

Thankee all!
 
Nice. Guess I reacted to the right thing then. :)
 
Very nice B&W industrial Federico. This looks like a 4x5 view shot from the good 'ol days. PC looks spot on...Very nice!
 
Very nice tones.... it looks better with a black background for sure
 
Well done. Looks like film - did you add grain?

The smoke is so beautiful I almost wish the rest of the scene weren't there.
 
Looks like film - did you add grain?
I did add grain. I do it often, actually.

The smoke is so beautiful I almost wish the rest of the scene weren't there.
I have to agree with that :)

Thank you for the feedback, gentlemen.
 
Not my favorite of yours but I am biased because this is what I take photos of for work.

Color version?

Bonus points if anyone else knows what this facility does.
 
Not my favorite of yours but I am biased because this is what I take photos of for work.
I thought you said your thing was photographing construction workers mud wrestling. I guess I got the wrong idea.

Color version?
Haven't processed this in colour, but here's the file SOOC:

_7000014_zps5c56e112.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom