Information on the coming D600

Boney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
PetaPixel website has an article about the new D600. First spotted it in Flipboard a customizable magazine. With Flipboard you get to select magazine content to your interests. Photography was one of my choices and it is one of the best photography magazines on line.
From what I could tell the D700 is still a superior camera. The D600 is more of an entry level FF camera.

random video I found on youtube with some interesting points:

Nikon D700 vs D800 - YouTube

Basically he makes a good argument that the D700, D800, & D600 all target different markets. Shoot super huge gallery prints with landscapes? D800. Low iso handling with high shutter speed? D700. Entry level FX? D600

Basically he makes a good argument that the D700, D800, & D600 all target different markets. Shoot super huge gallery prints with landscapes? D800. Low iso handling with high shutter speed? D700. Entry level FX? D600

Champagne taste on a beer budget? D7000.... LOL

Unfortunately, his points about the D800's performance at higher ISO values turned out to be massively WRONG. The sensor the D800 has, and the electronics the camera has, turned out to be much,much,much better than he had imagined they would be when he made that video before the D800 was actually on the market, making his comparison "points" useless, in large part...the problem with comparing how a camera will perform based on megapixel count assumes that the cameras being compared are of the same generation and from the same maker and from the same sensor "family"...cough,cough...but the D700 is an entire TWO generations BACK...th D3 sensor was upgraded to the D3s sensor, which had EVEN BETTER high-ISO performance than the D700/D3 original sensor; the D80o has a sensor AND electronics that are significantly NEWER, and BETTER, than what the D700 is equipped with.

dynamic range has been improved on the D800 too

Most reactions

New Topics

Back