What's new

Innocence

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #18
Is that a stained glass window?
You got it!!

It is titled Innocence, and at the risk of seeming perverted and off the mark (which I am NOT by the way), her dress is really short and cut high above her knee which seems counterintuitive to a claim of "innocence."

Sorry -- just my take on it and I'm just trying to be honest as to my immediate gut reaction.
I loved your honest C&C! Thank you!
Don't worry, I'm a perv.!! Does it make you uncomfortable to see a young girl w/ a short skirt sitting in that position in a corner?

My thought is of a little girl that has to use the restroom, but afraid to raise her hand and ask for permission.
lol
 
Like UDP protocol I don't get it, scratches head.
 
Holy crap.
What a totally beat to $hit image this image, where the processing has totally nothing to do with the content.

Dude, get off the fence! Tell us how you feel! :D
 
It is titled Innocence, and at the risk of seeming perverted and off the mark (which I am NOT by the way), her dress is really short and cut high above her knee which seems counterintuitive to a claim of "innocence."

Sorry -- just my take on it and I'm just trying to be honest as to my immediate gut reaction.
Does it make you uncomfortable to see a young girl w/ a short skirt sitting in that position in a corner?


Uncomfortable? No---not sure why it would? I was looking at the image from the photog's point of view and thought your crop was intentional to make some bizarre point....I dunno.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #23
I did place her in the corner for a reason, to make you feel uncomfortable. =)
 
If she was indeed innocent, she lost it at least twice during post processing.
On a serious note - I know what you mean when you say about her pose being associated with innocense, but as we all know this assosiation is cliched, misguided and exploited on many levels. You can take photos of 10 prostitutes in Ripperbahn ( before your camera will end up smashed on the pavement) - and 2 or 3 of them will have a similar pose of "innocense" - this is professional. So a photographer should look a bit deeper than that imho.
 
Over-processed, IMO.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #27
I disagree w JW up there. Nobody pays attention to how high a 5 year old's skirt is cut because...well, you just don't. They don't pay attention to it because the concept of proper skirt length has never entered their mind.

I like the title, I like the processing, and I like the image. The only thing that I find my self wondering is what exactly the background is. If it IS stained glass, lets throw some selective color at this thing! (I knew y'all would like that one).
It is a stained glass window. I will try to throw a unprocessed copy up tonight. (Going to see Korn in Philly, well see if I get it up!!)

I get it! I love the leg position, but the processing throws me. Its very dark and sort of creepy. Maybe that's what you were going for. I'd be really interested to see this SOOC or at least a lot less processed. The dark lines around the legs/feet are confusing, are they shadows?

The dark lines are part of the window. =) I'll try to get another copy of the shot up.
 
Korn? Such rage. I saw Lyle Lovett in Detroit a couple weeks ago. That fella can sing.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #29
ffarl...I have issues! Don't you know that by now?!!
 
Well, the avatar was giving off a "Not firing on all cylinders" vibe...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom