What's new

Innocence

I don't really know what to make of this, but it's interesting.

Some sort of pop art references with the heavy outlining. It's not Lichtenstein but it has some of that same flavor with the cartoon styling.

As with most things ambiguous, I dig the ambiguity. I can't even tell how old the model really is, and I haven't a clue what's going on. Is this a young girl sitting like young girls do? Is there something sexual going on here? Is this a 20-something woman with some kid's shoes painted on?

If it were overtly sexual, I think it would be problematic. It's not, as far as I can tell. Possibly the camera angle? Mainly, though, any sexuality I'm seeing here is coming from me. So, if there's a problem here, it's on this side of the monitor, not that one.

ETA: Nice, I deliberately wrote this without reading the thread. Now I see a stained glass window instead of pop art, which in a way is too bad.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #47
ceeboy, thanks for playing around with an edit! It does look more in focus.

amolitor, thanks for the though out response! Sorry it wasn't pop art. lol
 
Good work, Mish, if for no other reason the processing and the pose have given this image a vibe that makes some people uncomfortable. :thumbup: What else do we want from our work, if not to generate a response and perhaps a question or two?

I like it a lot from a "pop art" perspective, like amolitor mentions - though in general, it's a bit too processed for me. But it's growing on me. I like the color version better, because it helps validate the use of the outlining. Like comic book art. I say again, good job. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #49
Thanks, Terri. It is fun to see differing opinions! Like or dislike, it got a reaction out of people. :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom