Input please: Another Cannon v. Nikon debate... with a twist.

Don't switch from canon to nikon. Have you looked at sony? I still have my canons but I am in love with the sony, and I can use all my canon lenses and flashes too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Don't switch from canon to nikon. Have you looked at sony? I still have my canons but I am in love with the sony, and I can use all my canon lenses and flashes too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
He didn’t mention Sony, but sure- why not? He should test with his canon glass as the glass has much to do with an images rendering. If we are going to open Pandora’s box- Fuji is good too. Also, canon mirrorless is very different from canon DSLR (as is Nikon mirrorless).

Ancil said the most important part of the camera is the 12" behind it. OP is wringing his hands over over something as drastic as manufacturer change when his only perceived issue is skin tones? 2 different cameras of the same make and model don't render color exactly the same. Same applies for different lenses. Color issues? Take the first shot with a color checker passport and you will have PERFECT color in post and start with a consistent baseline to make consistent tweaks. Problem solved. $100. This is a classic example of people buying into the manufacturer marketing ploy that you have to have the latest and greatest and the recording device, the camera makes a huge difference. Since exposure is an issue, get a used incident meter and that is taken care of. Another couple hundred. I shot a d700 for 8 years professionally and still use it, not a 36 mp d300, not a d310. 12 mp, max usable iso of 1600. Just back from the beach with it.

I think that locking up in question Canon Vs Nikon is pointless :D .. There are other brands and so many factors in the game ..

Maybe it's not your case but I consider a lot the budget .. and that means, that I would base my decision on mount because of available lenses and because of the second hand lenses market size .. after accounting a lot of factors, my choice is Nikon F-mount, because there are avail the most lenses for this mount (iirc same F-mount exist since 80s, used and new lenses), same mount on FX and DX cameras .. Camera body is secondary .. I am changing bodies over the time but lenses go with me

Most reactions

Back