Insert text with arrow into picture

kevb59

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would like to insert a piece of text with a arrow pointing to the object. Does any body know any software that will do this. The more basic the better and free even better !

This can be done in ANY graphical editor ;)

I can insert text but not the arrow to point to what is discribed in the text. which is the program that is easy to use

You have several options how to do that:
- let someone else to do it
- draw a basic arrow by yourself (seriously, it's just 3 lines forming a shape...!)
- find some arrow you like on google and put it on your image wherever you want
- spend some time on google searching for a free software, which does exactly what you want while you don't even need to move your finger

Every graphical editor can be hard to use if you're a complete computer noob. I don't know of any ....-proof software, which can read your mind and do it for you. If you have trouble drawing 3 straight lines, try to consider the first option I mentioned in this post.

Here's a screen shot of how I added a red arrow to a 'space' shot of the earth in GIMP 2.6.

AddArrow.jpg

I found the red arrow with a simple Google Images search. I then opened both images.

I scaled the arrow to a more appropriate size. I selected the white background around it and made it transparent. If I wanted text, it's just a matter of writing it onto the arrow image. Then, Copy All.

Going to the Earth image, I pasted the arrow, rotated it, and positioned it where I wanted.

Save As..... done.

Most reactions

Back