inspired by allsmiles7282

their are all terrific, but #2 is awesome!

Whoa!!!!!!! The first three frames are out of this world!!! Excellent exposure and of course the JonMikal eye is really coming through.

With all due respect; spill some details.. "thanks for looking" is courteous and grateful, but a little vague. Personally I feel the the technical side and the thought process is just as important as the photo.

craig said:
Whoa!!!!!!! The first three frames are out of this world!!! Excellent exposure and of course the JonMikal eye is really coming through.

With all due respect; spill some details.. "thanks for looking" is courteous and grateful, but a little vague. Personally I feel the the technical side and the thought process is just as important as the photo.

i wish i could elaborate more on what you're saying but i honestly can't. i have absolutely no rhyme or reason to the way i shoot; i plan nothing, besides taking the camera wherever i go. im not trying to be evasive, i simply have no answer except i shoot what i see. my thought process doesn't begin until i open PS and explore. generally, i post what i shoot except i have found a conversion in PS that yields great b&w results that i've shared and will again:

create a hue and sat layer, making no changes.
create another hue and sat layer changing the blending mode to color and reducing sat completely.
return to the first hue and sat level and increase hue to 27.
that's it.
i have found that in addition to increasing the hue to 27, increasing the sat in the same layer to 73 or so provides for an interesting infrared look in some images.

Not much left to add. #2 is a killer.

Looked over the last three, and with the captions, they cracked me up. :thumbup:

Ok, seriously, when and where is your exhibition being held because I want to book my place now.

I love this series. Especially the ones of you running for the train! Heehee

wow that's some sweet sh!t right there!

I wish there was stuff like that around here. :(

thanks guys! i'm really starting to like the b&w conversion techniques i've run across.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back