TheKenTurner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Back story:
Hey guys, I know you mostly deal with photography, but I assume this should be very familiar considering the questions I'm asking. Living in Ontario, Canada, I have the opportunity to join the Ontario Summer Company program. They give $1500 to start up a business, but a $600 limit for equipment, and the rest is for pretty much advertising and insurance (unless you can thing of anything else?). I'm going to start off with real estate video, and then hopefully move up from there. For the advertising, I will be contacting agents individually to start off, and then do mostly online advertisements later.

Actual question:
Since I'm doing real estate videos, will I need liability insurance for going into peoples homes? Also, what kind of prices will I get since I'm 16? Is there anything else I should look out for?

Speak with an insurance agent.

Here in the US, 16 year old's signatures on contracts, like an insurance policy or a contract with a real estate company, are not legally valid.

Here in the US, 16 year old's signatures on contracts, like an insurance policy or a contract with a real estate company, are not legally valid.

Exactly, I'm betting its the same in Canada.

Couldn't I use a parents signature?

-Ken Turner

-Ken Turner

I don't know Canadian law so consult a insurance agent. You may not even be able to legally set up a business at all at your age. For that you would need to consult a lawyer.

Thanks guys for the response. I'll try to contact Summer Company and ask them a few questions, and possibly talk to a lawyer

-Ken Turner
Sure. It just makes it that your parents are legally liable since you can't be.
Like car insurance, an insurance company will likely charge a premium because of your age and the fact you are the business.

Why video in real estate?

In Canadian real estate, virtual reality software is used to create inside and outside tours totally controlled by the viewer. This interaction would be a lot more limited using video.

Why video in real estate?

In Canadian real estate, virtual reality software is used to create inside and outside tours totally controlled by the viewer. This interaction would be a lot more limited using video.

Not where I live

-Ken Turner

Most reactions

Back