Interesting find in craigslist

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1DS MK II with extra battery - $4200 (Newport News)

I have a mint condition Canon 1DS MK II 16.7 mega pixel full frame digital slr. If your not sure what this camera is then its too much camera for you. Acording to the last pic taken the EXIF reader line 93 shows 20845 photos taken. I love this camera but I dont need the full frame. basicly the full frame gives you 8x12 format instead of 8x10. This is a beautif camera and if you can afford it you will not be disapointed. I will gladly set up a meeting for you to view and try the camera as well as help you navigate the functions if you so desire. The camera comes in the original box with all packing materal, software, cables, an extra battery, and the dc power adapter. You can connect this camera directly to your computer with the firewire cable and use your computer to controll it as well as save photos directly to the computer. I also have a $100 voucher for Canon service if you want to have it cleaned. I do not want to trade for your old tools, old cars, your $75 camera lens that you think I cant live without. I will how ever consider trading for a 1D MK III. I will except Paypal from a verified address only with you paying the charges.

Thanks,
Bill
Now he states he is selling becasue he doesnt want a full framed camera, but yet he is willing to trade his MK11 for a MK111, correct me if I am being silly but is the MK111 not a better camera that is also full frame?

I know its hard to tell an attitude of a seller on craigslist-or through writing, but this guy seems like an ass, the last picture according to the exif data on line 93....

Anyways it just bugged me, and I have no idea if the price is reasonable. but I always check craigslist just incase there is something I need...

Oh and the fact he will only accept paypal with you paying the charges... that just bugs me

Umm.... What bugs me here is the ratio on all dSLRs save for the Olympus and Panasonic dSLRs is that they're all 2:3. No dSLR is 10x8 or 10x12.

Full marks to the scam artist that put that advert. It's almost believable.

lol I thought it was odd too-but as I am not hugely knowledgable on ratios I didnt point that out.

I love scams and similar things on craigslist

My experience of Craigslist....
Company advertised a p/t job - the conditions were such that the contract was not worth signing.
TPF - some girl wanted photos but refused to hire a studio ($25) and wanted me to do the photos in my living room and to bring half a dozen friends... Not likely. It's not so much that I'm against shooting villains dead when they try something. It's just all the blasted paperwork afterwards that's a pain!
TPF - somebody replied on some girl's behalf.... Not likely - not touching that.
Advert for computer ram - some guy wanted to swap a $1.99 fake security camera for $25 of ram - not likely!
Again on the ram - 2 guys short of cash always promising to buy it but who never did.
3 adverts for photography - the same Nigerian scammer replied to all of them.

And this is the sum total of my experience of craigslist. It ain't promising!

1D Mk III is a 1/1.3 sensor. 1Ds Mk III is a full-frame. Its all about the "s," if it matters to you.

But that whole crap about the 8"x12" and 8"x10"... Sounds to me like HE doesn't need this camera. Hell, half the people who own this camera don't even need it. They don't even enjoy what it has to offer over semi-pro models. But that's just a newbie opinion. I've seen too many people come in to where I work with $2000 cameras and say, "Yeah, this one is neat cause it lets me change lenses..." But who am I to judge.

Most reactions

Back