Inventory Questions for B&H

I've asked how long this is expected to be backordered. Awaiting response.
Inventory says it's in the warehouse but the warehouse people apparently cannot lay thier hands on it. Either the computer or the guys are wrong. When we know, you'll know. We regret this inconvenience.
===//===
UPDATE:
Found it and shipped it and Jeremy should get an email with the UPS package tracking number from us today.

I'm a HUGE fan of B&H. Almost all of my camera equipment has come from them.
Some years ago all my camera gear was stolen. I gave the list of stolen gear to the insurance agent and told him it all came from B&H. He called them. They were VERY helpful and a check was mailed to me for replacement value IMMEDIATLY!
Even the best companys ossasionally make mistakes. But, B&H makes very few mistakes.
I do usually order from them via the phone. Their sales reps are very knowlegeble and will make suggestions and answer questions. I usually end up learning something from them.

Thanks for the update Henry.

I bet you went down to the warehouse and wrung some necks, eh? :D

Just thought I'd post this. My family & I chipped in to get my grandpa this camera for his birthday. His birthday is July 27th, so they were pretty irked that I did it so soon, but he was going to get the next one down, which didn't have a hot shoe. He shoots about 90% of his shots with flash, so I thought that was a huge mistake.

Anyhow, the camera came yesterday, and Pop sent me this email:

"Jeremy, The camera came today. It's perfect - everything I ever wanted in a digital camera.

I am really happy I got the proper flash for it too. When you attach the flash it looks like it is part of the camera. What I like about Kodak is there are dedicated buttons for just about everything. You don't have to go thru long menus to make an adjustment for most of the stuff you would normally change.

The funny thing about it is that most of the functions are the same for my little C533 as they are for the P 712. So that eliminated a lot of getting used to for me.

Tomorrow, I will put it through some prelimiary paces. I'll send you some samples.
I really want to thank you and Kate and everyone for the second best birthday present I ever had. The first was when Gram surprised me years ago by buying me a Leica C3.

Love Pop"

I looked for this camera on the B&H site, and it doesn't appear to be there any more, even as backordered. I hope I didn't "poison" it for everyone else. :lmao:

Anyhow, thanks Henry for helping to get this straightened out for us. Out of curiosity, how do you think it would have turned out without your intervention?

Sorry, OT....

Ya know, i appreciate Henry's contribution here. As a (now former - the selling price was too good to pass up!) business owner, customer service is a significant key to success. There are times when B&H does not have the best price, though usually not too far off, BUT for me a few extra bucks are money well spent to minimize concern about my order coming through - i have enough grey hair!

frank

This is a bit off-topic but the original issue seems to have been resolved, so hopefully no-one will mind if I hijack it. I just want to agree that it's very encouraging to see someone post here as a representative of B&H.

Maybe not everyone will agree with this, but I think it can be very good to have employees of a retailer or other company appearing on a board, in both an individual personal capacity and also as representatives of their company. For example at another (brand-specific) forum I occasionally visit, I became aware of a local retailer, whose representative does not simply plug their products but will go out of their way to answer queries, and has often provided information on forthcoming products and their availability which would otherwise not be so readily available. People in retail can also sometimes have more insight into the future of a system or product range.

Of course anyone who chooses to represent their company like this will be partly motivated by the possibility of increasing sales and customers and raising awareness of their company, and there are issues around this as people might consider it "pimping" and unsuitable on a forum, but I think if done responsibly (i.e. not just popping up in every equipment thread saying "We have it cheap!") it can also help the 'community'.

Agreed, a definate plus.

Most reactions

Back