iPhone 5, meh....

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Apple iPhone 5 makes glowing first impression

I've been looking forward to this phone because I'm really tired of my HTC Evo 4 (2-3 replacements, lots of issues). It seems Apple has lost their mojo, the oomph that makes their products completely irresistible. The iPhone 4s was a huge letdown IMHO, and this year, I don't see enough to warrant a new phone.

Here's what I've gathered:

• slightly bigger screen at 16:9 ratio
  • faster processor
  • 4g
  • thinner
  • Same camera as the 4s (maybe slightly better low light performance)?

Just, meh...

I'll probably still buy one though :lol:

The iPhone 4s sold more than four million units in its first week in the US, Canada, Japan, the U.K., France, Germany, and Australia. So, yeah, the iPhone 5 is gonna suck too. What with that amazing Retina Display, more-powerful processor, and native 4G network capability, and the better camera and imaging software. "Meh".

What Do the iPhone 4S Sales Figures Tell Us About Consumers? - Forbes

man, eff the iPhone 5. I work in asset management, specifically mobile assets, and have already had 6+ people ask for one since 1PM. Our company can't even get them until at least the 24th.

The iPhone 4s sold more than four million units in its first week in the US, Canada, Japan, the U.K., France, Germany, and Australia. So, yeah, the iPhone 5 is gonna suck too. What with that amazing Retina Display, more-powerful processor, and native 4G network capability, and the better camera and imaging software. "Meh".

What Do the iPhone 4S Sales Figures Tell Us About Consumers? - Forbes

I never contended the iPhone 5 won't sell. Despite it's disappointing lack of features after 2 years of waiting, I'm still considering it.

What I'm saying is there's no oomph to the announcement. No "oooo, ahhhhh..." moment like Apple has been so good at in the past. When Apple announced the 4s, I remember a lot of people were disappointed that it wasn't the iPhone 5. Now, expectations were higher than ever for Apple to deliver a revolutionary new product considering they had an extra year to build it, and my reaction is much the same as to the 4s..... Meh...

For the iphone 5 announcment, Everyone expected the bigger screen and thinner body. Those specs have been rumored and expected for 2 years.

The camera is the good camera in the 4s, but no significant upgrade there (panoramic is gimmicky, there are plenty of third party apps that already do that).

The iPhone 5 has a faster processor, that's great, but the competitors in the market already have all that and a bag of chips. Apple just seems to be behind in this regard.

4g, shmore-gee... Have you seen what Verizon and AT&T have been charging for data. ZOMG. It's probably better to get data at 3g speeds so Verizon and AT&T can't rape you as fast!

Bear in mind that I've had a 4G capable phone with unlimited data since Sprint rolled them out 2 years ago. I've also had a 4 inch screen and a fast processor. So this iPhone 5, 2 years later, isn't making my jaw hit the floor. I've been looking forward to this phone for 2 years (since I got my Evo 4) and had a bit higher expectations. ;)

Last edited:
Was all set to upgrade my iPhone 4 but now I don't think I will. Just not enough tech advancement or innovative features.

Hopefully the D600 does disappoint me tomorrow too.

Samsung > Iphone.

I have the incredible 2 right now. Could not pay me to get an iphone though.

I've been looking forward to this phone because I'm really tired of my HTC Evo 4 (2-3 replacements, lots of issues). It seems Apple has lost their mojo, the oomph that makes their products completely irresistible. The iPhone 4s was a huge letdown IMHO, and this year, I don't see enough to warrant a new phone.

I still have the iPhone 3G from when it was first released 4 years ago and have had zero replacements and zero issues. I couldn't imagine having to have 3 replacements on top of multiple other problems over the course of only 2 years. You may want to re-evaluate what warrants a new phone.

I still have the iPhone 3G from when it was first released 4 years ago and have had zero replacements and zero issues. I couldn't imagine having to have 3 replacements on top of multiple other problems over the course of only 2 years. You may want to re-evaluate what warrants a new phone.

Hence, this thread's existence. Because I am looking for a new phone.

LOL dissapointing lack of features? LOL you got to be kidding me! What do you want it to do, turn into a jet airplane and fly you across the ocean??!?! The iphone 5 is the most amazing piece of technology released by apple to date. Period.

I am eligible for an upgrade on my AT&T plan. I will probably get the iPhone 5. Preorders are being taken on the 14th

Most reactions

New Topics

Back