IPS Monitor Calibration tool - your recommendations?

45mphK9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Dell 2209WA IPS monitor & need to get a monitor calibration tool. For those of you that have or know about IPS monitors, what do you recommend (or not) for calibration?

Anyone?? I can find info for LCD, LED, laptops etc, but not much on calibrating IPS.

As far as I'm aware, any calibration should work just as well (actually better) on an IPS display.

A popular choice is the Spyder (currently version 3, I think) from Datacolor. Although, I think it's more of a consumer/entry level option in the world of display calibration. I've heard good things about something from Eye One, check them out too.

An IPS panel is a form of LCD panel. They have no special requirements. Any calibrator will work just fine. Actually quite the opposite of what you may think, calibrators will work best on IPS panels due to more consistent colour reproduction with viewing angles.

I can recommend the X-Rite iOne Display 2 but I think it's been superseded.

I can recommend the X-Rite iOne Display 2 but I think it's been superseded.

Correct, and you can get a good deal on them right now for that reason. They're down to $150 on Amazon, I ordered one a couple days ago and it arrived this morning, sitting here next to me as I type this. Haven't played with it yet though.

Thank you for your responses. I didn't realize the IPS was a type of LCD. Maybe that is why I was having trouble finding much info specifically for IPS. I wanted to make sure I didn't spend several hundred on something that wasn't going to work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back